S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Review: Berk Technology 3" Single Headerback Exhaust

Old 09-15-2015, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed this myself on an AP2 - it's a TIGHT fit with axleshaft spacers. You need to use the triangle hangers on the front and rear and make sure they are attached on the long side.

Also it's really really loud. Sounds amazing but I'm glad I keep ear plugs in my car...

Other than that I can't complain about it. Great price, great quality, just know it's not quiet.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ubersoph
Just installed this myself on an AP2 - it's a TIGHT fit with axleshaft spacers. You need to use the triangle hangers on the front and rear and make sure they are attached on the long side.

Also it's really really loud. Sounds amazing but I'm glad I keep ear plugs in my car...

Other than that I can't complain about it. Great price, great quality, just know it's not quiet.
It's a 3" exhaust so it will be loud, but it sounds good and it's very efficient. It was made to be a tight fit to get as much clearance from the ground as possible.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How accurate is the weight of 25lbs? I've read elsewhere on S2ki and I thought it said 28ish lbs.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Da New Yawka
How accurate is the weight of 25lbs? I've read elsewhere on S2ki and I thought it said 28ish lbs.
Weighed in a 25lbs for me. Scale might not have been as calibrated, but then again, I literally got the first article. I no longer have the exhaust now as I wanted a quieter lifestyle. Also, I'm not getting any younger + driving 4hrs to the track and 4hrs back from the track was a little tiring with the extra sound in a car with no factory sound deadening material.

Overall, still think the exhaust is very good for its design, performance, quality, and intended purpose. I would definitely run it again on a very purpose built car.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:05 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by takchi
Originally Posted by Da New Yawka' timestamp='1449437803' post='23821198
Weighed in a 25lbs for me. Scale might not have been as calibrated, but then again, I literally got the first article. I no longer have the exhaust now as I wanted a quieter lifestyle. Also, I'm not getting any younger + driving 4hrs to the track and 4hrs back from the track was a little tiring with the extra sound in a car with no factory sound deadening material.

Overall, still think the exhaust is very good for its design, performance, quality, and intended purpose. I would definitely run it again on a very purpose built car.
Same here. Loved it when I had it, just need something quiet for longer trips. If I had a trailer and truck with the S being my dedicated track car, I'd definitely still have this exhaust.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:57 AM

Getting the cat-back one for x-mas. Already had a test pipe on the car, but will probably want to upsize to the 73mm one since I'm running the smaller one so that it will match closer with the piping diameter. Super excited to put it on!
Old 12-22-2015, 08:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daremo
Getting the cat-back one for x-mas. Already had a test pipe on the car, but will probably want to upsize to the 73mm one since I'm running the smaller one so that it will match closer with the piping diameter. Super excited to put it on!
Do they sell a cat-back? I thought their 3" exhaust was header-back?

Guess I shoulda checked first.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:41 AM

They do now. Not sure when it came out. But I wanted to have the option to throw my cat convertor back on if needed for emissions stuff (even though I have yet to throw a code with the test pipe I have on now).
Old 12-22-2015, 09:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daremo
They do now. Not sure when it came out. But I wanted to have the option to throw my cat convertor back on if needed for emissions stuff (even though I have yet to throw a code with the test pipe I have on now).
yeah, Maryland's pretty easy for emissions as long as no CELs, at least where I'm at in moco. I passed with a hks 3" single and berk hfc, although I doubt he actually saw the hfc, with that little mirror and as low as the s is. Maybe I'll try to pass a tp next time.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:25 AM

I'll let you know. I am due for mine soon probably.