S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Review: Berk Technology 3" Single Headerback Exhaust

Old 08-05-2011, 07:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper15
I'm sold, looks like i'm getting a berks setup. though, i need to find a inspection shop that won't mind a test pipe...
Just swap your exhaust back to stock when the time comes.

Originally Posted by S2Keri
Anyone have this setup with a header? Maybe Hytechs?
I believe someone asked about that setup. There will be some extra fab work that is required, but nothing Bryan can't do. Give a call up to Bryan @ Berk to find out what you want and what he can do for you.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, are any of you guys going over 100db at the track? I just installed my Berk 3" and it is loud! haha... There is an SCCA event soon that has a 100db sound limit and I'm just curious if I'll probably stay under that or not
Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The cat-less one is definitely over 100dB...I think the HFC might be around 100dB. I say this because I thought the HFC version was super quiet compared to my test piped one.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM

just ordered mine,
Old 09-12-2011, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the reply! I installed the HFC one and love it, it seems fairly loud though, great build quality and fitment. Very pleased with it, guess I'll find out if I pass the sound check in a couple weeks
Old 09-12-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by skibbz
Thanks for the reply! I installed the HFC one and love it, it seems fairly loud though, great build quality and fitment. Very pleased with it, guess I'll find out if I pass the sound check in a couple weeks
It does quieten down after a little time. I actually liked it better when I first installed it.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:17 PM

i just put on the exhaust on my car. With the test pipe, OMG it makes a world of differnce.

Well, at least to my butt dyno it does. Feels like it wants to pull forever. And the sounds, i never giggled so much in my life after the first time i went WOT.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by importkid
Originally Posted by skibbz' timestamp='1315874593' post='20966822
It does quieten down after a little time. I actually liked it better when I first installed it.
I was the complete opposite hated it at first but after a while it quieted down and now i love it. In the beginning i was going to get rid of it as it gave me headaches but a week or so of driving and it quieted down enough that i wouldn't want any other exhaust now.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well one thing cool about it compared to the other 3 exhausts I've ran. With the Berk you can keep it quiet when you want but at WOT it roars and sounds amazing. Whoever buys this wont regret it. Plus everyone at Berk is amazing especially Bryan. I've been purchasing their hfc's, testpipes etc and now im running the HPC header with the 3" exhaust and the setup is flawless. Nough said..
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleeper15
i just put on the exhaust on my car. With the test pipe, OMG it makes a world of differnce.

Well, at least to my butt dyno it does. Feels like it wants to pull forever. And the sounds, i never giggled so much in my life after the first time i went WOT.
I totally agree with you man!

Quick Reply: Review: Berk Technology 3" Single Headerback Exhaust