S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

WHICH THORTLE FOR NA?

Old 11-16-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHICH THORTLE FOR NA?

hi guys! i wanted to maximize the power in my ap1 with an jdm f20c engine. im planin on adding a throtle body but before i do it i would like to ask which throtle will be the best to use for my set up. i have a greddy EMU,j's racing header, asm exhaust, j,s racing tsuchinoko intake, testpipe etc i also have okada coils on the way. . im chossing between skunk2, spoon and j's racing. and wahat size would be the best?? thanks guys!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OEM until you go FI. Spend your money elsewhere.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:13 AM

oh ok but smoe say i can gain up to 5whp with the throtle i want to maximize the power of the car naturally aspirated and only on bolt ons. i want to see on howmuch power the car can make on allmotor with only bolt ons and no internal mods. thanks!!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 AM

you won't make 5hp with any tb unless you have the supporting mods.
TB's are more for throttle response than gaining HP.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He has an EMU so he can tune!

A TB will give you a little power (around 5 whp) with a tune.

I would get the J's with the 64mm size on the backside. That will match up perfectly with the stock plenum.

The OEM TB is not port matched to the plenum, this alone probably costs you a couple HP.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:07 AM

aren't you out in the phillipines or somewhere?

i would not buy any throttle body and sell the okada coils....then go get yourself the cooling mods ( lower thermostat and fan switch, radiator cap....you can get the hondata img also ).

those will be much more beneficial than any throttle body or coil pack. you don't make any additional power, but you pick up a lot of lost power from heaksoak. and out there with the humidity and heat, i think this is a good decision.

you can also run your em-u on more slightly more aggressive settings to get a little more power out of it.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by carrera4,Nov 16 2008, 02:53 PM
He has an EMU so he can tune!

A TB will give you a little power (around 5 whp) with a tune.

I would get the J's with the 64mm size on the backside. That will match up perfectly with the stock plenum.

The OEM TB is not port matched to the plenum, this alone probably costs you a couple HP.
I don't know how bad shipping costs will be, but there is a company call Proflow here in the States that can bore an oem tb. I'm looking into getting a 70-64 tapered one. They're only $195 + your oem as a core.

J's
Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 PM

a TB might make 5whp if you have an EMS...
Old 11-16-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Js S2k,Nov 16 2008, 12:25 PM
I don't know how bad shipping costs will be, but there is a company call Proflow here in the States that can bore an oem tb. I'm looking into getting a 70-64 tapered one. They're only $195 + your oem as a core.

J's
that actually seems a little more worth it.

paying $500+ doesn't seem worth it to me though
Old 11-16-2008, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hero,Nov 16 2008, 12:07 PM
aren't you out in the phillipines or somewhere?

i would not buy any throttle body and sell the okada coils....then go get yourself the cooling mods ( lower thermostat and fan switch, radiator cap....you can get the hondata img also ).

those will be much more beneficial than any throttle body or coil pack. you don't make any additional power, but you pick up a lot of lost power from heaksoak. and out there with the humidity and heat, i think this is a good decision.

you can also run your em-u on more slightly more aggressive settings to get a little more power out of it.
i already have copmplete cooling mods from j's racing thermoswitch, j's racing radiator car. j's racing thermostat, samco radiator hoses, greddy oil cooler, heatshields on inake and exhaust, j's racing vented hoods.

im also planin on porting the intake manifold . matched ported with the size of throtle that ill be getting. so is 68 or 70mm ok ???
i want to maximize the NA engine with all the available proven bolt on parts first before touching the internals of the engine. yup i have an EMU and il be having it dynojet tuned.

Quick Reply: WHICH THORTLE FOR NA?