S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2006+ S2000 Brake Ducts (Front)

Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shind3
You're welcome.
On an unrelated note, Cool Brazilian flag flip-flops Must be havaianas LOL.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking brake ducts! You picked a different location than me.. I did NACA brake ducts a few years ago

More pics on my build:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/112...ild-evolution/
Old 05-03-2016, 07:19 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Air tends to go to the least restrictive path... so I wonder if there's any detrimental effect on the radiator/cooling or if the ducts actually get any airflow that will be effective.

I don't know one way or another, but it crossed my mind when I saw this.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job, very clean. I really do not understand the need for stealthy brake cooling though. Mine are tied into the stock AP2 bumper and you really have to look close to see them. More air flow when tied into the front bumper and there not any more work to take off the front bumper with them tied in over than loosening two clamps.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:31 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitt
On an unrelated note, Cool Brazilian flag flip-flops Must be havaianas LOL.
Good eye! Yes, I bought those a couple years ago when I was there for a work trip.

Originally Posted by clarkster009
Nice looking brake ducts! You picked a different location than me.. I did NACA brake ducts a few years ago
More pics on my build:https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/112...ild-evolution/
I guess great minds really do think alike

Originally Posted by Driven
Air tends to go to the least restrictive path... so I wonder if there's any detrimental effect on the radiator/cooling or if the ducts actually get any airflow that will be effective. I don't know one way or another, but it crossed my mind when I saw this.
It looks like you didn't read my 2nd post in this thread...

Originally Posted by DaGou
Nice job, very clean. I really do not understand the need for stealthy brake cooling though. Mine are tied into the stock AP2 bumper and you really have to look close to see them. More air flow when tied into the front bumper and there not any more work to take off the front bumper with them tied in over than loosening two clamps.
Thanks, but I completely disagree. Where I have it is at least as good and possibly better than where you have it.

Also, you have to loosen two more clamps than I do to remove the bumper. Therefore, by definition, your way IS more work. Also, same when reinstalling. I mean, it's not that big of a deal, but not sure why you are even arguing this point when clearly there are more process steps involved when removing your front bumper as compared to mine.

OK, you guys need to visualize what is happening at the high pressure box inside the front bumper. There is a SHIT load of air pressure there. See all that red? It is even more effective the closer you are to the center of the car. The AP1 fog light area is terrible location for a brake duct because it is too far from the centerline of the car. AP2 'faux' inlet location is better but none see as much air pressure as the location I chose in the primary hxgr inlet bay, aka 'front radiator opening'.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

By the same logic though by relieving pressure from the nose you are decreasing the effectiveness of a splitter, you don't have one now but you would be hurting any future plans for one
Old 05-03-2016, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by gregrocks
By the same logic though by relieving pressure from the nose you are decreasing the effectiveness of a splitter, you don't have one now but you would be hurting any future plans for one
Yep. But it's easy to add front aero to the S2000. You can actually overdo it in the front and upset the balance especially when going to 255s.

Also, you have to keep things in perspective. A vector is defined by direction and magnitude. Your comment only considers the 'direction' and not the 'magnitude' of effect. I can use a spoon to pour some soap and water over my head but no one's going to call that a shower.

So, would it be 'hurting'? Yes. How much hurt though? Measurable or significant? Probably not.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mentioned enough material for front and rears. Did you do the rears yet?
Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 PM

Yeah, I did them last summer so they've been tested through a Pittsburgh winter by now, lol.

In-place of the factory air deflectors. Re-used their bolts though.

Non-vented rotor so surface cooling is fine.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:53 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

would you mind posting a parts list?
very cool concept. I plan to do this my street car thats turning into a back up track car now lol

Quick Reply: 2006+ S2000 Brake Ducts (Front)