S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series FINALE results

Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kang , have u tested a front sway bar back to back on the same day at a track?

and/or i can drive your car (being extra careful about shifts) and give input, two thoughts which have a possibility of helping

felt like i put down a 124.x but couldnt get it done , didnt drive a ton of laps but drove very consistent times , multiple 125.2x's with 125.2x being my best(all in red3).. i arrived late and was pleased my first lap of the day was 125.9 in red2 )

i have a fun vid (while trying to hang with Elders) i got hugely sideways early in the bowl, slide braking the entire way to within 6 inches of launching myself off .. next time that happens i'll try to grab second gear while sawing at the wheel and floor it to see if i can continue the drift thru the exit lol. i was a bit overwhelmed to grab second this time )

i need a lower vtec to keep it on boil going up the hill before the final turn.. its impossible even if i shift one rpm below rev limit in 2nd

i fuel starved three little times in red2 with OVER 1/2 tank.. not cool

ok onto my winners speech />/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

great year for me in my first year of time trials(came from autox / pro solo and a little rally x, mostly because it was inexpensive lol) , thanks to the board members tsay,nam,kang, also aaron, dave and my mechanics jerrick (jmp) , tony fuchs and bjorn(valencia european for alignment deals)

some of the highlights for my year include
-showing up for round 1 and having 25 s2000's competing(what a dream!)
-running to within 2 seconds of Tsay at Laguna in my street car
-laying it down at chuckwalla and winning by over 1 second on that thrilling course
-buttonwillow, going from a 203.x(round 1)to a 201.1(knowing i could have rocked a 2:00.x cuz i had and a full tank of fuel and my passenger seat installed)
-feeling i could beat the mod drivers at a few events if i had a mod car..ya thats right elders/tsay />/>/>/>/>

i started racing MUCH later than i wanted and it was pretty painful for me to sit on the sidelines. The last 6 years of racing for me i've had a blast proving to myself that im as good as i thought i was since childhood by winning often in every racing discipline i've tried. im accomplishing some of my childhood dreams and hope i can continue to increase the levels and complete most of my dreams before im six feet under.

i know winning the challenge isnt the biggest deal in the world (by all means) but im super happy i got to run all the events , meet all the guys and compete with you in such a fun series.. s2k drivers are way more bad ass than miata, vette or bmw drivers as a whole .. btw i hope i treated you guys as well as you treated me because help came from everywhere including my closest competitors - it was amazing, thank you!

going to try to get my car ready for mod the best i can to start 2013 and hope to get my car competitive asap.. if you're thinking of competing with us in the challenge please get out here , move to socal , whatever it takes

jeff ringer />/>/>/>/>
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Living in the redline
if you're thinking of competing with us in the challenge please get out here , move to socal , whatever it takes

sincerely ,
jeff 'the' ringer
This! Anyone have garage space to house another s2k? I can fly to the events.

Congrats, I think you are fast because of your auto-x background.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 PM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

I had a great overall season, and a fun day. I was not fast by any means, and I hate to blame the tires, but... lets just say I showed up for the drift clinic a week early. It was extremely fun, though. I'll need to sort out brakes too. I was pretty surprised I cracked my rotors after 3-4 track days on 225s with ducting... I think I might have boiled the fluid too - I had some seeping out of the bleeder screws.

I might do the Accord caliper upgrade so I can fit my stock wheels on still, and because it's a lot cheaper than any other BBK out there. I'll need to step up from xp10/8 too, since my pads are glazed and mostly gone after that too. I only expect this to get worse when I start running a square setup.

Anyway, as far as the season, it was great with Chris and Ryan. There's a good chance things might have turned out differently if Ryan had caught the valves earlier... good catch though.

There's still a whole lot for me to learn, but I want to start learning and feeling it out on a square setup.

On another note, I think I might need to check out my transmission mounts, I was doing a 2-to-5 shift A LOT on that final left before the front straight. I slowed the shifts down and could feel the transmission moving around quite a bit more than I normally remember. it really only happened on that turn too, all the other places where I'd shift, I had no problems getting into 3rd from 2nd and probably only once grabbed 5th by accident. I'm guessing the left is causing the load to shift to the right and making it a lot easier for me to accidentally grab 5th (I've been particularly anal about not money shifting, and haven't had that problem). Anyway, minor problems.

I'll see you all next season. I hope to break into the sub 2:10s at buttonwillow cw13 and chuckwalla next season - no excuses once I go square, get new tires, and run a wing. Hell, there were no excuses for not doing so this year running stock... hahaha

Jeff, I need to get a ride along with you one of these days.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff, I'm down to trade cars for a session. You doing any more track days before the end of the year/before you start modding for mod class?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 AM

Jeff ringo is the man
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by iLuveketchup
Originally Posted by Living in the redline' timestamp='1354594836' post='22188139
if you're thinking of competing with us in the challenge please get out here , move to socal , whatever it takes

sincerely ,
jeff 'the' ringer />
This! Anyone have garage space to house another s2k? I can fly to the events. />

Congrats, I think you are fast because of your auto-x background. />
If you're serious, yes. Yes I do. lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ Me too lol

More to come....me following Dustin (ddess) for a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYg_7...adA&playnext=1
Old 12-04-2012, 07:38 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirtle
Originally Posted by iLuveketchup' timestamp='1354595427' post='22188155
[quote name='Living in the redline' timestamp='1354594836' post='22188139']

sincerely ,
jeff 'the' ringer />/>
This! Anyone have garage space to house another s2k? I can fly to the events. />/>

Congrats, I think you are fast because of your auto-x background. />/>
If you're serious, yes. Yes I do. lol.
[/quote]

On a somewhat similar note I've almost asked a few times that if I happened to be out there when there was a s2k challenge event if someone would let me drive their car.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:00 AM

NP Steve Just go easy and dont break her lol

BTW..how the hell do I link the vids to the threads....???? I used to just copy and paste the URL.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 AM

Fixed it lol..it was my settings.......duhhhh

Quick Reply: 2012 Speed Ventures S2K Challenge Series FINALE results