S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Anyone interested in some AP1 brake duct adapters?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you incorporate a flange so a hose could be clamped to the duct? The screenshot looks like it's just a taper.

Last edited by LeonV; 02-18-2018 at 08:37 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 02-18-2018, 09:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm interested as well!
Old 02-18-2018, 12:44 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by BoboTheMonkey
I guess they do make ones that go on the outside like you're doing. I wanted to make ones like the wasp ones that you glued onto the back of the bumper. No one makes that style anymore. STR doesn't allow them, but if you made ones like that, I would definitely pay real money for them. Who knows when they will change the rules again. They allow brake ducts now, just not modifications to the body to accommodate them.
I can probably make anything you're looking for. Can you post or send me a link to an example? I can probably make them glue on from the backside too.

An update. One half of mine are done, the other is printing as we speak. I made a 2" flange for mine since that is the tubing I have in the garage and I plan on keeping my air pump. To answer a previous post, yes there was a flange planned, I just didn't bother adding it for my test pieces parts in order to save print time.

Also, update for the AP2 guys. My brother came by today and I grabbed a template from his car. The AP2 seems a little more complicated, but shouldn't be too bad. Let me know what you guys think.

I was thinking of mounting them as shown below. If someone has any better ideas I'm all ears.

If any AP2 guys are local (Orlando, FL) it would be a huge help. Or I can ship pieces out to someone with their bumper off and willing to help with development. My brothers car isn't a track car so I know I can't hack it up. I could try and find a scrap bumper on craigslist or something.

I don't plan on turning this into a business. I'm an engineer full-time so I'd like to just enjoy the hobby while at home
Having track guys on S2KI using my stuff is payment enough for me. All I ask is for people to cover shipping and materials.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:17 PM

Finished models for the AP1 version. Product in the flesh can be see in the post above. I will be painting mine flat black.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Have you looked at how the APR intakes "mount"? They mount from the outside and kinda push "through" the bumper.

The WASP design and the Ballade design mount from behind the bumper.

Two ways, same effect.

APR (front mount)

WASP (behind the bumper)

Ballade (behind)

If I could have my way, an intake that pushes through from the front, is almost unnoticeable and basically just friction holds it in place. If that makes any sense.

Oh, and printed in black ....

Last edited by freq; 02-18-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by roel03
I can probably make anything you're looking for. Can you post or send me a link to an example? I can probably make them glue on from the backside too.
Here is the link to the S2ki thread. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...ducts-1016213/

It's one thing to make them look clean like the ones you are making. Those APR ones just don't look good in my opinion. They just slap on the front and i'm sure have gaps and stuff. If you put them behind it doesn't really matter if they are perfect because you are filling in the gaps with epoxy.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:19 PM

Judging from the "Ballade" pic from the rear, the AP2 bumpers have a nice 2D section behind the bumper that I can grab onto?

Can one of you guys get a template of that cross-section for me? If you can take that template and put in on an 8.5x11 sheet so I have a scale I can base my model off of it. Then you just cover it with epoxy and slip these on top.

I personally like the rear mount for the AP2, but I can look at the push through front mount if there is more interest in it.

Do most people want 3"?

I'll definitely be printing them in black. For mine I only had white and orange on hand and got a little impatient
Old 02-18-2018, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you mind sharing or posting the STL file? i have access to a printer, so i would be able to print it myself. the picture looks great. nice job
Old 02-18-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cloudcapp
do you mind sharing or posting the STL file? i have access to a printer, so i would be able to print it myself. the picture looks great. nice job
Your wish is my command:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2798897

Please post yours when you make/install them!

Also, please do not use my design to try and sell them.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for a set of the AP1 ducts. Send me the info when you're ready to go!

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in some AP1 brake duct adapters?