S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

CANCELLED: Summit Point Track Day on JUNE 1.

Old 04-15-2002, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is both disappointing and frustrating to me that we have to cancel the trackday event due to insufficient participation. We have been unable to get the numbers of participants needed to cover costs though we left registration open to the last minute in the vain hope of an eleventh hour surge but it was not to be. I sincerely apologize to you for this action and hope you understand the situation.

I would like to thank you for "putting your money where your mouth is" and patronizing the event. We had a deceptive number of positive responses to the call but low number of applications.

Hopefully next time will be better. We would like to give it one final try in September or October as we believe this is an idea who's time has come. I will keep you posted and hopefully will see you and your friends out there then.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:22 PM

Great idea Gregg, I'll have to check my schedule but I'll definitely try to make it.

The Jefferson circuit is a great little track, be sure to have new brake pads though, especially in the heat of summer.

Will it be run clockwise or counter-clockwise? If memory serves, it's a lot more fun to run it clockwise.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:13 PM

Mikey-

As designed the Jefferson Circuit is to be run counter-clockwise, and I whole-heartedly agree with your recommendations on brake pads. For such a short course it is very technical and VERY tough on brakes.

I will have more information in the next day or so concerning payment arrangements. Remember that you must be a member of the S2KCA to attend.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would be affraid of falling off... what happens if you go off one of those cliffs?

That track looks fun.. a bit too long of a drive tho
Old 04-15-2002, 09:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krazik
[B]I would be affraid of falling off... what happens if you go off one of those cliffs?
Old 04-15-2002, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by Gregg
Mikey-

As designed the Jefferson Circuit is to be run [i]counter-clockwise[/i
Looking at the map again I'm sure your right about the direction. I usually have a great memory for track layouts, but every time I go to Jefferson we run the track one direction on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

I do recall that in one direction the main hairpin is a decreasing radius corner, and the other (more fun) direction that same hairpin is an increasing radius corner. You'll actually run faster lap times in one direction over the other as well.

Are you planning to have use of the wet skidpad? For anyone wondering how the S2000 handles on ice-slick roads, it's a real eye opener.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:07 PM

For an event such as this w/ a number of novice drivers going counter-clockwise is essential as turn 1 (counter) / turn 7 (clockwise) has almost no runoff if run clockwise. When run counter-clockwise, turn 7--which is the last turn at the bottom of the diagram, is indeed decreasing radius and very difficult to master as the turn in is VERY late and instinct tells you to take it much earlier.

Hopefully you can come join us.
Old 04-16-2002, 05:56 AM

So what's up with the SA helmet rating?
Old 04-16-2002, 06:49 AM

Originally posted by jschmidt
So what's up with the SA helmet rating?
OK, should have said Snell '95. Just don't want motorcycle helmets (ins. requirement).
Old 04-16-2002, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Gregg
For an event such as this w/ a number of novice drivers going counter-clockwise is essential as turn 1 (counter) / turn 7 (clockwise) has almost no runoff if run clockwise. When run counter-clockwise, turn 7--which is the last turn at the bottom of the diagram, is indeed decreasing radius and very difficult to master as the turn in is VERY late and instinct tells you to take it much earlier.

Hopefully you can come join us.
Ahh, so I was right in remembering my track direction. But I fully understand running counter-clockwise if novices will be present. I've never seen any huge wrecks there but that direction is safer.

Have you heard Summit is building a 3rd track on their property? Somewhere behind the BSR garages.

Quick Reply: CANCELLED: Summit Point Track Day on JUNE 1.