S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Eibach Multi Pro R2 vs Tein Super Racing?

Old 04-01-2017, 08:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Eibach Multi Pro R2 vs Tein Super Racing?

I'm looking at pulling the trigger within the next 24 hrs on either of the above coil overs. Comfort is last on my list and will be trailering my S2000 to events etc.

The Tein Super racing cost a little bit more than the Eibach's but which would you pick and why? Would paying the little bit extra for the Tein Super Racing be worth it?

Also its just between these two coil overs and not really interested in Ohlins DFV etc..

I would post this in the suspension forums but I will probably get answers like just get Ohlins DFV, Fortune or HKS coil overs.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 04-01-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

The Tein is a cartridge within a bottom clevis mount, the Eibach is more built in the USA as a conventional reservoir high-performance monotube. The Eibach has a very well thought out reservoir mounting and there is a set in the parts forum in the R&C section for under $2000 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/r-c-part...41700-1170714/)

That said, for a track only car what you really what are Penske 8300s or Ohlins TTX shocks. The Penske's can come directly from Penske or a dealer like Anze, the Ohlins from PSI. In either case, they will set them up for your setup. The price can vary, especially if you go to one of the more exotic pistons in the Penskes. Both are serious racing shocks from the top racing shock manufacturers. I believe the pricing would be $4300-$5000, but the linear adjustability within a useful range for racing and race tuning and the ability to get them revalved is significant.

The Eibach is closest to that, but the adjustability is more of a track to street, but similar to the Penske in basic design. The Tein???? Similar to a variety of shocks a third cheaper.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:56 PM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

I have Tein SRC's but was not impressed with the valving as delivered and posted a pretty in depth article here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...pared-1083590/

Long story short its a few years later and the revalved shocks have served me very well. From a component perspective the SRC is a really nice shock but the valving didnt work for me.

If I had it to do all over again I would buy Penske shocks from the same tuner that helped me dial in the SRC's (same dyno curve but more sustainable hardware)

I know 2 drivers on the Eibach R2's, at least one of them is considering a revalve / upgrade to something valved closer to mine after driving my car.

If the choice is strictly between those 2 I would say SRC because you can get height adjustment independant of pre-load, but otherwise they are fairly equivalent.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by anorexicpoodle
I have Tein SRC's but was not impressed with the valving as delivered and posted a pretty in depth article here:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...pared-1083590/

Long story short its a few years later and the revalved shocks have served me very well. From a component perspective the SRC is a really nice shock but the valving didnt work for me.

If I had it to do all over again I would buy Penske shocks from the same tuner that helped me dial in the SRC's (same dyno curve but more sustainable hardware)

I know 2 drivers on the Eiback R2's, at least one of them is considering a revalve / upgrade to something valved closer to mine after driving my car.

If the choice is strictly between those 2 I would say SRC because you can get height adjustment independant of pre-load, but otherwise they are fairly equivalent.
thanks, thats why I was leaning towards the SRC because of the that feature alone..
Old 04-02-2017, 09:11 PM

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

You realize that "feature" is on no real racing shock in the world. It only shows up on low-end shocks because the cartridge can be used with different mounts.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 PM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidNJ
You realize that "feature" is on no real racing shock in the world. It only shows up on low-end shocks because the cartridge can be used with different mounts.
And yet its a "feature" that has absolutely no down side, and permits flexibility. That sounds like a win/win, no?
Old 04-02-2017, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does have a down side, it limits droop.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:07 AM

With the eibach multi pro. I have been reading that RCA's are pretty much needed Because if you run them low, it gets pretty close to bump stop.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

why is it you're set on these 2 and specifically don't want Ohlins?
Old 04-03-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
why is it you're set on these 2 and specifically don't want Ohlins?
my money goes farther with those two in terms of what I am paying etc.

Quick Reply: Eibach Multi Pro R2 vs Tein Super Racing?