S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

HELP - Cusco roll bar install

Old 03-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up HELP - Cusco roll bar install

Hey everyone,

I picked up a Cusco roll bar and want to get it installed but I sure would feel better if someone had some instructions so I can get placement and mounting correct.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance...
Old 03-19-2010, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

sell it and get one that welds in, thats my best advice (no hate)
Old 03-19-2010, 04:27 PM

Aren't there problems mounting them in the 06+ s2k's?
Old 03-19-2010, 04:29 PM

sell it and get one that welds in, thats my best advice (no hate)
I appreciate the feedback but it's hardly related to the question.

I might just have additional future plans and this is a start, ya never know.

Aren't there problems mounting them in the 06+ s2k's?
It's an 02
Old 03-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably not the right subforum for this thread.

Try the "modifications and parts" subforum.

I don't know anyone in R&C that uses the Cusco roll bar. Or at least anyone that admits to it anyway...

Most people I know need a roll bar that is either SCCA legal or rises far enough above the stock roll hoops to prevent crushing their heads with when harnessed to a race seat and wearing a helmet.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Who runs SCCA in an S2000? Not many on here I'm guessing.

Cincy, look at pics and test fit. It is by far the easiest bar to install. I've had one. If you do not feel comfortable, by all means, pay someone to do it.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Former Moderator

I typed "Cusco roll bar installation" into the search box and got a number of hits including:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry10283583

Wondering if those are helpful to the OP and whether or not he came across those threads in his searching.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by FF2Skip,Mar 19 2010, 04:55 PM
Who runs SCCA in an S2000? Not many on here I'm guessing.
Running in the SCCA vs. needing an SCCA approved roll bar are two different things.

Skip, did you know that SCCA SOLO (autocross) requires roll bars that conform to the same standards?

3.3.2 Roll Bars

Roll bars or roll cages are strongly recommended in all cars. A roll bar meeting the requirements of Appendix C, or a roll cage meeting the requirements of Section 18 of the General Competition Rules (GCR), is required in all A, B, C, and F Modified vehicles, and in open cars in Prepared Category, and in D Modified and E Modified. The intent of this requirement is that all open cars using racing slicks must at a minimum have roll bars which meet Appendix C, regardless of Regional variations in category definitions and/or preparation allowances. For open cars in the Stock, Street Prepared, Street Touring and Street Modified Categories, the roll bar or roll cage height may be reduced from Appendix C or GCR Section 18 requirements to the highest possible height which fits within a factory specified hardtop or convertible top.
Double-hoop roll bars must fasten properly to the chassis/unibody as required in Appendix C, particularly at attachment points in the center of the car.
Last I checked there were quite a few SCCA autocrossers here. It's really your only choice if you want to avoid getting bumped out of class for your autocross / track dual purpose vehicle.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:23 PM

CKit,

Thank you SO much. That is not quite the same roll bar as mine, but it does offer some VERY helpful hints because many of the mounting parts are similar.

For the record, I SWEAR I have done that (or similar) search at least 3 or 4 times and have gone through at least a few pages of results every time.I feel bad that you got it so easily and I dont know what I was doing wrong, but I really appreciate it from you.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Former Moderator

No problem, sometimes being around long enough and seeing some of the specific jargon that can pick out a good thread from a crap thread is helpful. It's also one of the reasons I encourage searching first so the next guy doesn't have to search through dead end threads (also one of the reasons I try to link to useful threads or search terms).

Quick Reply: HELP - Cusco roll bar install