S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Holley Hydramat

Old 12-04-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddess
the real issue is the fitting for the hydra mat being an AN style vs the o ring slip on fitting. If that gets solved pulling the swirl pot is the only hurdle.
Look above your post. Holley makes one fuel mat that appears to fit stock pumps.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:35 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Z32MadMan
Look above your post. Holley makes one fuel mat that appears to fit stock pumps.
i saw that. I'm returning my cross shaped one with the AN and ordering that one.

Currently i fuel starve after 8 laps. My upgraded fuel pump seems to put flow the fuel pot being refueled on any left hand turn with any sort of lateral g load.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Has anyone used the one with stock hookup (16-111)? Any results?
Old 08-29-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by s2kfinesse
Has anyone used the one with stock hookup (16-111)? Any results?
i own that one. I've installed it and uninstalled it. No data as of yet. I'll pop it back in and see what it does this winter.

I do do not like how it sits in the stock fuel swirl pot. You can position it where the return line dumps on it but it ends up looking like a taco shell in the swirl pot.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:07 AM

i own that one. I've installed it and uninstalled it. No data as of yet. I'll pop it back in and see what it does this winter.

I do do not like how it sits in the stock fuel swirl pot. You can position it where the return line dumps on it but it ends up looking like a taco shell in the swirl pot.
did you have it lay on top of the swirl pot? Or was it flat on the left side and curled on the right (not sure this is even possible due to where the connector is located)?
Old 08-30-2017, 10:32 AM

did you have it lay on top of the swirl pot? Or was it flat on the left side and curled on the right (not sure this is even possible due to where the connector is located)?
I went forward and rear not driver/passenger

the swirl pot is longer that way. Still taco's up.

Where I run into an issue is the swirl pot gets drainer by my higher volume fuel pump faster than it can refill. I'm hopping the fuel return hitting the mat will be more than enough to prevent the starve.

Im basically starving at the fuel level just under the lip of the pot. Aka 1/2 tank.

If if this doesn't work it's the radium fuel surge system. I'm holding off on this because I'm not 100% I want to creating a potential fuel fire issue in an accident
Old 08-30-2017, 11:45 AM

I went forward and rear not driver/passenger

the swirl pot is longer that way. Still taco's up.

Where I run into an issue is the swirl pot gets drainer by my higher volume fuel pump faster than it can refill. I'm hopping the fuel return hitting the mat will be more than enough to prevent the starve.

Im basically starving at the fuel level just under the lip of the pot. Aka 1/2 tank.

If if this doesn't work it's the radium fuel surge system. I'm holding off on this because I'm not 100% I want to creating a potential fuel fire issue in an accident
interesting. Would've never thought to place it that way. Definitely curious to see if that orientation would work.

What pump are are you using? Somewhat related, I haven't been able to find any flow specs of the mat n seems like Holley is tight lipped
Old 08-30-2017, 12:56 PM

interesting. Would've never thought to place it that way. Definitely curious to see if that orientation would work.

What pump are are you using? Somewhat related, I haven't been able to find any flow specs of the mat n seems like Holley is tight lipped
AEM 320lph pump. Also have a SC so she's thirsty.

I only went went north and south because it let is lay slight flatter. The mat doesn't touch any fuel outside of the pot since it bends like the taco. Was hoping the return fuel would keep it fed.

The more I type this the less I think it will work.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:37 AM

AEM 320lph pump. Also have a SC so she's thirsty.

I only went went north and south because it let is lay slight flatter. The mat doesn't touch any fuel outside of the pot since it bends like the taco. Was hoping the return fuel would keep it fed.

The more I type this the less I think it will work.
it might work. I don't see it being any worse than stock and if it doesn't work maybe change the orientation.

Do you think the mat could be placed left to right and hang into the bowl without being cut? Maybe some trim to cover the edge and magnets inside the bowl? I'd like to get the bowl out but am trying to do this without dropping the tank and then cutting it open.

maybe as mentioned before the right side of the bowl could be cut and then flattened?

Last edited by s2kfinesse; 08-31-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:42 AM

it might work. I don't see it being any worse than stock and if it doesn't work maybe change the orientation.

Do you think the mat could be placed left to right and hang into the bowl without being cut? Maybe some trim to cover the edge and magnets inside the bowl? I'd like to get the bowl out but am trying to do this without dropping the tank and then cutting it open.

maybe as mentioned before the right side of the bowl could be cut and then flattened?
ideally if you could cut a part of the pot on the passenger side and slide the mat though that opening it would be best. The OEM pickup leave us with one choice of mat. I'll mess with it in the upcoming weeks and see if I can get some data at the September track days

Quick Reply: Holley Hydramat