S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Holley Hydramat

Old 09-27-2017, 04:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ddess
ideally if you could cut a part of the pot on the passenger side and slide the mat though that opening it would be best. The OEM pickup leave us with one choice of mat. I'll mess with it in the upcoming weeks and see if I can get some data at the September track days
were you able to spend any track time with the mat installed?
Old 10-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kfinesse
were you able to spend any track time with the mat installed?

Im a slacker. Did an event at ACS but didn’t put the mat in. Going to BW October 14th and I’m bringing the mat with me. Session one I’m planning on running from a full tank to see when I notice starve. Then put in mat and repeat. See if I can pass the starve lap with the mat. Should be able to tell if it works or not.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:37 AM

Im a slacker. Did an event at ACS but didn’t put the mat in. Going to BW October 14th and I’m bringing the mat with me. Session one I’m planning on running from a full tank to see when I notice starve. Then put in mat and repeat. See if I can pass the starve lap with the mat. Should be able to tell if it works or not.
yeah that would be a good test. Were you able to test it?
Old 11-10-2017, 06:13 AM

yeah that would be a good test. Were you able to test it?
So i was able to install the mat and get a full day on it. it did not help wth starve. What is probably happening is the fuel pump is out flowing the swirl pots ability to refill through the small slit in its bottom. The return dump on the mat isn’t enough to prevent starve

so for boosted applications it’s not quite a plug and play
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 AM

So i was able to install the mat and get a full day on it. it did not help wth starve. What is probably happening is the fuel pump is out flowing the swirl pots ability to refill through the small slit in its bottom. The return dump on the mat isn’t enough to prevent starve

so for boosted applications it’s not quite a plug and play

thanks for the feedback. That’s what I’m assuming is going on.....makes sense that if you’re using let’s say 80% of the system the return wouldn’t be able to cover it.

What fuel lever do you start to starve at?
Old 11-10-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn thats unfortunate, I was really hoping this would be a viable solution instead of a surge tank.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
Damn thats unfortunate, I was really hoping this would be a viable solution instead of a surge tank.
agreed. I still think it could work....either by laying the mat over the edge if possible or laying flat the side of the bowl. Maybe it could be cut and flattened without removing the tank but I’m sure it would be ALOT easier and cleaner if the tank was out. If I get to that point I might just cut the tank open and have it welded back up
Old 11-11-2017, 04:44 PM

agreed. I still think it could work....either by laying the mat over the edge if possible or laying flat the side of the bowl. Maybe it could be cut and flattened without removing the tank but I’m sure it would be ALOT easier and cleaner if the tank was out. If I get to that point I might just cut the tank open and have it welded back up
half tank it will starve, end of lap 4. basically when the fuel level is below the facotry swirl pot.

im thinking for NA it could be a solution. i tried rotating the mat towards the passenger side but it doesnt lay over the pot, it sticks up towards the top and isnt getting fuel contact.

so next step is cut a larger hole in the swirl pot to see if this helps. or just go aftermarket swirl pot.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:19 PM

half tank it will starve, end of lap 4. basically when the fuel level is below the facotry swirl pot.

im thinking for NA it could be a solution. i tried rotating the mat towards the passenger side but it doesnt lay over the pot, it sticks up towards the top and isnt getting fuel contact.

so next step is cut a larger hole in the swirl pot to see if this helps. or just go aftermarket swirl pot.

thanks for the feedback. Was really hoping laying towards the passenger side would work :-/