S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Minimum setup for sub 2 lap at BW 13CW

Old 01-31-2018, 04:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
There are plenty of sub 2:00 non-aero videos of buttonwillow CW13 now - http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...o+buttonwillow

Between the repave, which many believe is 1 second faster than the old "bumpy-willow" and the newer tires which are as fast or faster than NT-01s when new, there's at least an extra -2 seconds that have probably been shaved off of lap times.
Right. The impressive part of Ameer's lap is he did it with a roll bar and most of his interior still intact, and on 245 RS3s. Driver mod, driver mod, driver mod.
The following users liked this post:
Chibo (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Betcha a Stock car on Hoosier A7's could do it. Then you don't have to ruin the car with wings and stiff suspension and loud exhaust.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:08 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Right. The impressive part of Ameer's lap is he did it with a roll bar and most of his interior still intact, and on 245 RS3s. Driver mod, driver mod, driver mod.
I'm pretty sure he also ran like a 2:00.xxx before the repave on the same setup. Max that driver mod.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:42 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
Betcha a Stock car on Hoosier A7's could do it. Then you don't have to ruin the car with wings and stiff suspension and loud exhaust.
Can you drive to the track on hoosiers?

OTS KWs aren't really that stiff, and this is being done on street tires. Hoosiers aren't always the answer.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

yes the A and R7s are DOT legal tires
Old 01-31-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

OTS KWs aren't really that stiff, and this is being done on street tires. Hoosiers aren't always the answer.
I have a friend that drove his Noble from Orlando to VIR and then to the dragon and back on R6's. So the answer is yes. No excuse for not running hoosiers. It's the only Mod that makes your car faster without ruining it. It should be Rule number one in all racing organizations. Gonna come racing, mount hoosiers. Then we talk.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:36 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
yes the A and R7s are DOT legal tires
Let me rephrase: for 99% of people, common sense rules out driving to the track on hoosiers.

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
I have a friend that drove his Noble from Orlando to VIR and then to the dragon and back on R6's. So the answer is yes. No excuse for not running hoosiers. It's the only Mod that makes your car faster without ruining it. It should be Rule number one in all racing organizations. Gonna come racing, mount hoosiers. Then we talk.
But this isn't a racing organization. Someone wants to beat a lap time on street tires. Most people, myself included, can't justify running Hoosiers at a track day because they're good for, what, 3-4 weekends? And they cost how much? Nah man

Not everyone trailers there car, or has a track trailers, or wants to mount wheels at the track, or wants to spend $1200 on a set of tires to beat an unofficial record. Come on, man.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob Walker also known as Maxrev also did sub 2 with relatively few mods on the AP2, without aero.

I would say some good Brake Pads, Good set of Coilovers, and square setup is good enough for sub 2,
given the driver is capable of pulling such time.

I'd say Driver mod is the most important thing, as many would already know.

I would personally invest money that you would put onto the mods instead on getting more track days for seat time and data logger.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:20 PM
Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by helothere
Rob Walker also known as Maxrev also did sub 2 with relatively few mods on the AP2, without aero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PiMaVQNcU

I would say some good Brake Pads, Good set of Coilovers, and square setup is good enough for sub 2,
given the driver is capable of pulling such time.

I'd say Driver mod is the most important thing, as many would already know.

I would personally invest money that you would put onto the mods instead on getting more track days for seat time and data logger.
This is on a 6k prototype suspension, also Rob has broken records and set the bar at buttonwillow. That's like a pro sports team going to play against a high school variety team. It's just not fair
Old 02-01-2018, 06:57 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sub 2 is relatively easy to do now with no areo these days. I think the fastest I've seen was Sean with a low 1:57 on street tires (re71rs). He runs 17x10s 255s and Coilovers.
Doesn't take much to get sub 2.

Quick Reply: Minimum setup for sub 2 lap at BW 13CW