S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Racing bucket seat w/ Stock seatbelts

Old 07-17-2006, 08:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Racing bucket seat w/ Stock seatbelts

I need some assistance on properly using the stock seatbelts on a racing seat until I can get proper roll over protection to use a 6pt harness with.

I've read through coral docs thread about proper use of 4,5,6 pt harnesses but he did not mention much about using the stock 3pt harness with a racing seat.

I am having trouble figuring out what the proper way is to wear the belt, whether it be over the seat or through the slots intended for the harnesses? Should I run the belt through the top left slot and the bottom left slot with the stock belt receptor on the outside of the right leg bolster? Or just have the belt over the bolsters of the seat?

I know many of you run the stock belts with racing seats to/fro events and then use 5,6pt harnesses while participating in them. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:23 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

personally
id run the shoulder over the seat and the lap through the hole.

do whats comfortable and test it by pulling on it hard
Old 07-20-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's how I do it. Note that I had to replace the belt receptacle on the right side of the seat with a flexible strap, as the stock piece would not fit through the hole in the seat.

This works quite well, especially when I use a device like the CG Lock to secure the belt.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:10 PM

Thank you, seems like that's the most comfortable configuration.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by depletedUfoot,Jul 21 2006, 12:45 AM
Here's how I do it. Note that I had to replace the belt receptacle on the right side of the seat with a flexible strap, as the stock piece would not fit through the hole in the seat.

This works quite well, especially when I use a device like the CG Lock to secure the belt.
Can you provide us with more information on the model of seat you used and the method of mounting the seat? Thanks.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With my race seat (Recaro SPG) I wear the stock belts on the street and 6-point on the track. I run the stock belts over the sides as a slight compromise of safety and practicality. I find that it is still snug on my lap because the sides of the SPG are low and don't go above my thighs/hip, and if you run the belt through the holes you would have to detach the belt from the left-lower anchor each time you remove the seat. I believe if you leave the stock belt in the hole it might also interfere with the wide lap belt of the 6-point. This pic is not a very good one for showing the stock belts, but you can still see that I attached the right-side receptacle for the stock belt to the Taitec frame. Since I occasionally swap in the stock seat, I got an extra right-side receptacle so I have one on each seat (so just 5 min to swap seats).
Old 07-26-2006, 06:39 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ran them both ways. I found the stock belt through the shoulder harness slots were too uncomfortable for me. So currently, I have the belt going around the should bolster and through the lap belt slot as boyquan & depletedUfoot suggested.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:28 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

do you know if most honda belts are the same?
i am thinking about doing the strap buckle vs the hard metal one
Old 07-31-2006, 09:01 PM

I don't know if they're all the same, but I went to a salvage yard and got the necessary piece out of the back seat of some Honda. I think it was the extra seat belt for a third passenger in the back seat -- most of the others are in rigid mounts.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:57 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

What's the effect of driving around with the latch sensor disconnected? I know it throws a warning light on the dash, but does it start doing anything annoying like beeping if you continue for too long?

Quick Reply: Racing bucket seat w/ Stock seatbelts