S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Rear Toe Arms / Rear Bumpsteer Kits

Old 01-28-2012, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZDan
AP2? Why worried about rear bumpsteer? I'm generally not a fan of replacing oem primary structural components with aftermarket, even less so when there's little to no benefit!
I feel there would be benefit. I have felt the bump steer from track bumpers before. It feels just weird, the rear of the car just floats/oversteers, I dont like it. If the megan toe arms would fix it, Im definitely buying them before April.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:52 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by ZDan' timestamp='1327755688' post='21360750
AP2? Why worried about rear bumpsteer? I'm generally not a fan of replacing oem primary structural components with aftermarket, even less so when there's little to no benefit!
I feel there would be benefit. I have felt the bump steer from track bumpers before. It feels just weird, the rear of the car just floats/oversteers, I dont like it. If the megan toe arms would fix it, Im definitely buying them before April.
I would measure your actual toe change with bump before buying anything.
What's your static rear toe? Excessive rear toe can give a quite a bit of squirreliness over uneven pavement/bumps even if there's minimal toe change with bump.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by ZDan
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1327779130' post='21361357
[quote name='ZDan' timestamp='1327755688' post='21360750']
I would measure your actual toe change with bump before buying anything.
What's your static rear toe? Excessive rear toe can give a quite a bit of squirreliness over uneven pavement/bumps even if there's minimal toe change with bump.
[/quote]
My last alignment I did, I went with 1/8" total rear toe. I thought it was a good number and would use it again.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:33 AM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
My last alignment I did, I went with 1/8" total rear toe. I thought it was a good number and would use it again.
That's .29degrees total, I like a bit less but that's reasonable.

I still wouldn't fixate on toe arms unless you are sure you have a toe change with bump issue, *AND* know exactly how/why aftermarket arms would fix it.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I picked up a set of wicked tuning rear toe arms for my ap2. Our local race alignment guy is going to measure the toe curve and dial in the bump steer curve from there. The ap2 still toes-in on bump, and out in rebound. There was a post in here a while ago where someone actually measured the degrees of toe vs distance of suspension compression.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the EVS BSK and am lowered 1.5 inch.

Just trying to confirm what way to configure the spacers. I emailed evassive and they said to install them the way that they came in the packaging....
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47 PM

My T1R rear bumpsteer makes a clicking noise when I apply pressure to the wheel when I turn it left or right while up in the air. I'm thinking it's something in the rod end wearing down. Is this dangerous?? and Where would I seek replacement parts?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got through two sets of the rod ends that T1R includes with their BSK. Both sets developed significant play in the bearing surface within several months, so I can't recommend purchasing them unless the rod ends have been swapped out.

I'm using the Wicked Tuning BSK now and I've very happy with them. Instead of using a heim rod end like everyone else, they are using a pillow ball style end. Even after a year of use, the ends are still really firm and have zero play.

It should be noted that my car is daily driven in all weather conditions. No track or garage queen here.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Voodoo_S2K
I've got through two sets of the rod ends that T1R includes with their BSK. Both sets developed significant play in the bearing surface within several months, so I can't recommend purchasing them unless the rod ends have been swapped out.

I'm using the Wicked Tuning BSK now and I've very happy with them. Instead of using a heim rod end like everyone else, they are using a pillow ball style end. Even after a year of use, the ends are still really firm and have zero play.

It should be noted that my car is daily driven in all weather conditions. No track or garage queen here.
That seems to be what mine have developed. I'm assuming this just ruins my rear alignment by a hair or so?

Looks like i'll order a set of Wicked Tunings then!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

They look similar to the Megans but are they?

Quick Reply: Rear Toe Arms / Rear Bumpsteer Kits