S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

STR Classing....maybe? New to the platform

Old 02-28-2018, 04:45 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

I've got stock uncut roll hoops and rear plastics sitting in my shed. If you were local I'd just give them to you.
The following users liked this post:
HawkeyeGeoff (03-01-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 05:21 PM

Received 560 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
17x9 +45 Silver RPF1
Fenders Rolled
check your fenders and liners.

While it's not considered a lot of work to get these wheels to fit from a real-world usable standpoint, it is when you start looking at what is considered an "STR-legal" fender with a "roll". There aren't very many people running those wheels in STR for that reason. If they fit, you can bet a whole lot more people would be running them for STR since the price is right, and they're super light.

STR offsets for a 17x9 wheel are more reasonably in the +55 to +63 range.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:44 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
check your fenders and liners.

While it's not considered a lot of work to get these wheels to fit from a real-world usable standpoint, it is when you start looking at what is considered an "STR-legal" fender with a "roll". There aren't very many people running those wheels in STR for that reason. If they fit, you can bet a whole lot more people would be running them for STR since the price is right, and they're super light.

STR offsets for a 17x9 wheel are more reasonably in the +55 to +63 range.
They fit just fine; zero rubbing by some kind of magic. So you're saying my fenders might be rolled too much? It is indeed very tight in there.

They should just let us do whatever we want after this happened last year:
Old 03-01-2018, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
I sent in a request several months ago for clarification around S2k rollbars, given that the rear bulkhead needs to be replaced to properly position a harness bar. It's finally worked its way to the SEB agenda, and so there should be a bulletin in Fastrack about it soon. Hopefully that will provide some clarify on exactly what's allowed. I've got some unofficial early info that these installs will be possible, but I don't know exactly what will need to be retained.
Awesome news. I look forward to hearing about that.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Orleansjunky
what pieces do you need. looking to go full track car. within the next to weeks interiors coming out.
I need everything rear of the seats. The plastics w/ the back pieces w/ hooks, side pieces, etc etc. Basically everything. Seats forward everything is there.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:09 AM

OR I guess the other option is to just go to street prepared and run Hoosiers LOL
Old 03-01-2018, 11:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Check my post:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...ion-s-1181893/

Technically not having the plastics bumps you all the way into SSM like me if you read the rules strictly. Nothing is allowed unless it is explicitly written. Hopefully Nate above gets some more clarification. I wish they could allow for this with a car that is essentially falling within the spirit of the rules of the class. Plastics are plastics and other than a slight weight advantage, if somebody wants to remove them (especially for safety equipment) why not just let them and penalize them? For me, I'd happily take a 100 lb ballast hit due to not having plastics or softtop and non OE hardtop, which when you account for ballast for no softtop is really just ballast itself, just so I could run in STR. Everything else for me certainly falls within STR, and given that at the last local event I was over 1.5 seconds ahead of the STR winner...I know that even 200 lbs is not even close to 1.5 seconds on a 50 second course.
The following users liked this post:
HawkeyeGeoff (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Silver9k
Check my post:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...ion-s-1181893/

Technically not having the plastics bumps you all the way into SSM like me if you read the rules strictly. Nothing is allowed unless it is explicitly written. Hopefully Nate above gets some more clarification. I wish they could allow for this with a car that is essentially falling within the spirit of the rules of the class. Plastics are plastics and other than a slight weight advantage, if somebody wants to remove them (especially for safety equipment) why not just let them and penalize them? For me, I'd happily take a 100 lb ballast hit due to not having plastics or softtop and non OE hardtop, which when you account for ballast for no softtop is really just ballast itself, just so I could run in STR. Everything else for me certainly falls within STR, and given that at the last local event I was over 1.5 seconds ahead of the STR winner...I know that even 200 lbs is not even close to 1.5 seconds on a 50 second course.
Totally agree. I think locally they will let it fly....this is Detroit after all. Dominated by Miatas, Camaros and Corvettes.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Received 560 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
They fit just fine; zero rubbing by some kind of magic. So you're saying my fenders might be rolled too much?
Yes. I would check the possible legality of your roll. Chances are, it shouldn't be a problem, until you start winning...
Old 03-01-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Yes. I would check the possible legality of your roll. Chances are, it shouldn't be a problem, until you start winning...
Lol well im usually in GM products so this will be my first time in a lightweight roadster.....I'm sure it will be a little brutal to start. I haven't AutoX'd in years either....all open track days/work.

Quick Reply: STR Classing....maybe? New to the platform