S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

THMotorsports Competition Track Blank Rotors REVIEW

Old 06-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

anyone got the price yet?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting
Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Still waiting on a PM back with a price.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the might last a little longer but in the end guaranteed they will crack after a while but in the end guess it matter s about price
Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 AM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

"and even F1 use this process for money saving tactics as well as performance."

Hahahahahaaahahahahaaaahaha.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adri_civic
The best for us should be a 2-piece rotor at an affordable price
Yes!!! THM, this is the unicorn we've been searching for!

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Still waiting on a PM back with a price.
Me too.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by psychoazn
Sounds like "just another rotor option". How is this any different from a cryo treated Centric? What test data do you have to support your claims?

I'd rather not PM for a price. Are these cheaper than $30 blanks?
The Cryo-treated Centric do not have directional vanes. What data are you looking for and what test bench would you use? I'm all ears.

I'm with Power Slot cryo rotor + Project Mu HC+800 pads and it crack the same as the rest...

So, as psychoazn said this is just another rotor option.

All rotors will crack eventually under the right circumstances. All you guys think THMotorsports is claiming that it WON'T CRACK but we made no such claim what so ever. All we just said, in avoidance and for more consistent rotor and brake pad wear, this should be used.

Cheap two-piece rotors? LoL..... I'll share something with you. The famous tri-angle of car racing.

1. Fast
2. Reliable
3. Cheap

Pick TWO. Cause you can only get 2 out of 3 and if you have all 3, then you're too busy making product.... not on the boards talking. Basically..... you got to Pay to PLAY.

Originally Posted by CKit
Tell you what, I'll buy a set at Centric prices and test.

Or buy a set at your prices and then ask for a refund if they crack.
I have NEVER made any claim that they will not crack. I'm not sure where you guys got this idea at all. Never made such a claim. Every rotor will crack eventually. It would be irresposnbile as a business to do so.

I have offered these rotors to our first 10 customer per OUR COST. I'd be happy to not make a dime on any one of them so you can all try them. I can not support our business by giving them away for free for people to try them.

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Tough crowd here in R&C.
Tough crowd indeed but I expect nothing less from a bunch of avid racetrack enthusiasts. We have no data to back up any claim other than track time. We have used these rotors at Road America, Gingerman and Route66 locally and we have not cracked a rotor. We had a lot of people asking me to put them out on the market, with reluctance due to not having hard data, I did under strong demand from the community.

That's why I love it. Function over form. Proof over talk.
Once again, you guys all are under the impression I said it wont crack. No... I just said avoidance. That's all. We feel this rotor has more to offer. It's a nice way to fill in the gap from Autozone $30 rotors and 2-Piece Rotors. If you want to buy $30 rotors, go for it. I still sell those too.

Looking at the vanes, it looks similar to the SOS vaned rotors. That could be a cooling advantage. I'd sell on that point rather than on the anti crack.
Never claimed they were ANTi-CRACKING.... show me where I stated it? Just sounds like I have good marketing tactics and you all made assumptions.

Originally Posted by 99SH
Like everyone stated, where data do you have today to back up the claims?
GiroDisc rotors are bought rather consistently and they don't offer any data to prove they wont crack either, yet, I don't see the community asking for it. What type of data from what test bench where would you like to see from these? I'd like to know what it is the community needs for proof? And not proof that they won't crack because thats not what I'm claiming AT ALL. This is just a rotor that bridges a gap. We saw good performance from them, so we offered them, simple.

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
PM me for a price and I'd like to keep it that way. This thread is for discussion purposes only. Not for sales. ALL PM'S have been replied to for all the ones that were in my inbox from questions to pricing.

Originally Posted by dc50818
Maybe the might last a little longer but in the end guaranteed they will crack after a while but in the end guess it matter s about price
I agree with you 100%.

Originally Posted by andrewhake

Call it marketing at its best but I didn't lie. F1 does use cryo freezing on plenty of their components and found it to be very useful. Believe it or not, there is a science behind cryo treatment.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
Originally Posted by psychoazn' timestamp='1371744379' post='22620532
Sounds like "just another rotor option". How is this any different from a cryo treated Centric? What test data do you have to support your claims?

I'd rather not PM for a price. Are these cheaper than $30 blanks?
The Cryo-treated Centric do not have directional vanes. What data are you looking for and what test bench would you use? I'm all ears.

I'm with Power Slot cryo rotor + Project Mu HC+800 pads and it crack the same as the rest...

So, as psychoazn said this is just another rotor option.

All rotors will crack eventually under the right circumstances. All you guys think THMotorsports is claiming that it WON'T CRACK but we made no such claim what so ever. All we just said, in avoidance and for more consistent rotor and brake pad wear, this should be used.

Cheap two-piece rotors? LoL..... I'll share something with you. The famous tri-angle of car racing.

1. Fast
2. Reliable
3. Cheap

Pick TWO. Cause you can only get 2 out of 3 and if you have all 3, then you're too busy making product.... not on the boards talking. Basically..... you got to Pay to PLAY.

Tell you what, I'll buy a set at Centric prices and test.

Or buy a set at your prices and then ask for a refund if they crack.
I have NEVER made any claim that they will not crack. I'm not sure where you guys got this idea at all. Never made such a claim. Every rotor will crack eventually. It would be irresposnbile as a business to do so.

I have offered these rotors to our first 10 customer per OUR COST. I'd be happy to not make a dime on any one of them so you can all try them. I can not support our business by giving them away for free for people to try them.

Originally Posted by thomsbrain
Tough crowd here in R&C.
Tough crowd indeed but I expect nothing less from a bunch of avid racetrack enthusiasts. We have no data to back up any claim other than track time. We have used these rotors at Road America, Gingerman and Route66 locally and we have not cracked a rotor. We had a lot of people asking me to put them out on the market, with reluctance due to not having hard data, I did under strong demand from the community.

That's why I love it. Function over form. Proof over talk.
Once again, you guys all are under the impression I said it wont crack. No... I just said avoidance. That's all. We feel this rotor has more to offer. It's a nice way to fill in the gap from Autozone $30 rotors and 2-Piece Rotors. If you want to buy $30 rotors, go for it. I still sell those too.

Looking at the vanes, it looks similar to the SOS vaned rotors. That could be a cooling advantage. I'd sell on that point rather than on the anti crack.
Never claimed they were ANTi-CRACKING.... show me where I stated it? Just sounds like I have good marketing tactics and you all made assumptions.

Originally Posted by 99SH
Like everyone stated, where data do you have today to back up the claims?
GiroDisc rotors are bought rather consistently and they don't offer any data to prove they wont crack either, yet, I don't see the community asking for it. What type of data from what test bench where would you like to see from these? I'd like to know what it is the community needs for proof? And not proof that they won't crack because thats not what I'm claiming AT ALL. This is just a rotor that bridges a gap. We saw good performance from them, so we offered them, simple.

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
PM me for a price and I'd like to keep it that way. This thread is for discussion purposes only. Not for sales. ALL PM'S have been replied to for all the ones that were in my inbox from questions to pricing.

Originally Posted by dc50818
I agree with you 100%.

Originally Posted by andrewhake

Call it marketing at its best but I didn't lie. F1 does use cryo freezing on plenty of their components and found it to be very useful. Believe it or not, there is a science behind cryo treatment.
I think it's safe to say you're very badly out of touch with the S2k track crowd... are you going to be using your 600whp time attack STI as your example of "we go to the track and know what we're talking about"? Your post makes it PAINFULLY clear that you do not understand why s2k rotors crack.

Unless you track an S2k, you will not understand out skepticism.

The thread title (as you titled it) says REVIEW, but I don't see any review here... there's nothing to discuss here unless you can show us data, proving it lasts longer. Many have tried before you and failed, hence our skepticism.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

These look like the SOS rotors, which I said before.

I think that's good for cooling and protecting hubs.

I would consider a set for that reason.

I don't know why PM'ing vs advertising publicly should matter.

I'd assume this will be similar to the SOS rotors in price.

Probably $150 or so. It's a tough sell between $30 blanks and $600 two pieces.
If I can just swap cheap front rotors every track weekend, I'd want some estimation that the vaned ones will last 5 weekends.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I have NEVER made any claim that they will not crack. I'm not sure where you guys got this idea at all.

Quick Reply: THMotorsports Competition Track Blank Rotors REVIEW