S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

**Video** Z vs S2K

Old 12-02-2004, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto,Dec 2 2004, 05:46 AM
Well my 13.77 @ 101 was run in 80 degrees ,a Z can hit 13's with a good driver no matter what the weather. I absolutely agree with you on the S2K's motor being great-its shown by how N/A mods on an S really dont do much for them-bolt ons that is. But you have to remember, Z's are much heavier than S2K's, my track model weighed in at 3280 with 1/2 tank of gas(I was not in it). What exactly does an S weigh ? High 2800's ? I have dusted 3.0L NSX's, they dont pull as hard as the 3.2L's. Actually the day that I ran my car stock-there was a 3.2L NSX @ the track. I qualified ahead of him in the comp 6 class, he was running 13.8 @ 107---that is a HUGE a$$ raping for me on the highway, obviously he couldnt get his car out of the hole. I dont understand why some people get their panties in a bunch when they see their car lose to a similar car....I should have won, I have more power, and more mods.
The guy in the NSX is the worst driver ever if he ran that with a 3.2L. Stock they run near low 13's, and with a little work they can easily get near 12's. 3.0L's are in a different racing era, they don't count anymore .
Old 12-02-2004, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by bigC,Dec 2 2004, 06:18 AM
The guy in the NSX is the worst driver ever if he ran that with a 3.2L. Stock they run near low 13's, and with a little work they can easily get near 12's. 3.0L's are in a different racing era, they don't count anymore .
Yeah I know, with a trap speed like that, and a 1.9 60ft- he could go VERY low 13's maybe even 12's...
Old 12-02-2004, 06:06 AM

Old 12-02-2004, 07:17 AM

That is funny. I have a lot of friends with Z's and they don't even come close. Mine is mildy modifed with the Comptech S/C pushing 315 rwhp. I have raced a twin turbo Z with 357 rwhp and I pulled away from him like the Z pulled the S in the video.

Next time pick on one that has been modified as much as yours.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jcarlton,Dec 2 2004, 08:17 AM
That is funny. I have a lot of friends with Z's and they don't even come close. Mine is mildy modifed with the Comptech S/C pushing 315 rwhp. I have raced a twin turbo Z with 357 rwhp and I pulled away from him like the Z pulled the S in the video.

Next time pick on one that has been modified as much as yours.
A lot of you guys have huge internet cocks---telling me to pick on an S as modded as me-LMAO. I didnt race the S to see who would win, my and my friend already knew, we just raced for FUN! Some of you guys are so insecure its not even funny....this section of the S2K forum has really shocked me...I guess a lot of you are coming over from www.clubsi.com after saving up some money
Old 12-02-2004, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto,Dec 2 2004, 08:37 AM
A lot of you guys have huge internet cocks---telling me to pick on an S as modded as me-LMAO. I didnt race the S to see who would win, my and my friend already knew, we just raced for FUN! Some of you guys are so insecure its not even funny....this section of the S2K forum has really shocked me...I guess a lot of you are coming over from www.clubsi.com after saving up some money
No one here is insecure. You obviously came here to talk sh*t. Like Jcarlton said, race a S with the same amount of mods that you have and see who wins. You are talking sh*t, I hope you get banned but until then remember...

Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto,Dec 2 2004, 04:37 PM
You seem to be getting it all reversed. If you weren't so insecure would you have to post the vid to get recognition on an S2K board? What kind of response did you think you were going to get? Of course people will point out and compare the modded (or unmodded) cars.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigC,Dec 2 2004, 05:30 AM
You gotta remember that this time was run at 55 degrees. The Z does have an edge however, I'll readily admit that. With a few mods the Z pulls away easily. The fact that a 4 cylinder is in the same class as a 6 with 40 more hp is pretty good I think. Now slap a 6 in a honda/acura and you've got the NSX, lets see the Z keep up with that .
First off, in reply to this quote, I raced an NSX when I had my Z (on highway 65ish to 100) and we were pretty much dead even, he had a bumper on me when I shut it down. The NSX/Z comparo is not as good as you might think.

Secondly, having owned a Z, it is very slightly faster than the S in a straight line. It still is a drivers race given that the better driver is in the S but given identical circumstances (and same driver) the Z will be a bit faster. Now at an autox it's quite a different story...
I for one think that in many ways the S is a better car though so there's no need to feel bad about having a car that's 2 tenth's slower on the 1/4.
The Z IMO was an uncomfortable car despite being more roomy and really did not handle that well at all regardless of what all the car mags say. The most important reason the S is a better car IMO can be seen by comparing the horror stories in the repairing forum on my350z with the tell honda section on this forum.
Although I had no major problems with my Z I had a whole bunch of small ones and I was a lucky one...
Old 12-02-2004, 11:11 AM

[QUOTE=Docent,Dec 2 2004, 09:30 AM] You seem to be getting it all reversed.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:20 AM

Nice race, i'm not surprised at all by the outcome I always give a thumbs up to Z and G35 owners when i'm on the road. Both are great cars . I still haven't been able to get one to race me yet though .

Quick Reply: **Video** Z vs S2K