S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

**Video** Z vs S2K

Old 12-03-2004, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nalVle,Dec 3 2004, 10:57 AM
ps - stop racing s2000s with aem stickers when all they have is an exhaust
Old 12-03-2004, 10:42 AM

Joeking you are not one to talk about driving-your video didnt impress me with your driving but what do I know...The guy in the S2K drives pretty well, he powershifts, and does it good imo-he runs 14.4 in a GTS with i/e-Id say he can drive better than most people.

I would race an S2K with all my mods, but do they even have that many N/A bolt-ons on the market? Even if they did like its been mentioned, you wouldnt get much out of it cuz of the high state of tune...Ive posted to you guys about wanting to race an n/a modded S, nobody down to meet up?? Some of you guys are straight, but surprisingly most of you are pricks. I didnt think so many S2K owners were haters-you guys flame the Z like its a POS, I never once flamed the S2K. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses.

nalVle-just because I say that I personally have not lost to an S2K does not mean that I am talking $hit....you guys and your insecurities taking that as an insult-if I heard an S owner say that about a Z, I wouldnt lose sleep over it, or flame him. And about the AEm sticker I agree its gay but its not my car-funny you should laugh at that your one of those people that puts his "future" mods in his sig, lol--wait till you save up the money to tell people what you have

glagola1-sorry you didnt like the Z-just not for you I guess, I can see how you would think that about the Z's handling after driving an S around-they are very nimble cars...curious what trim did you drive? With what you described it sounds like a base model with an open diff and big sidewalls 17" rims...dont think because you can drive around a road course you can drive down a "straight line" - very different skills involved. I always get a kick out of the "road racers" who come to the track in their S2K and modded Type R's and run mid to low 14's...but anyways enjoy your S

**What would an S2K with similar mods have to compete or in most of your eyes beat me? i/h/e/test-pipe? What else can you bolt-on N/A to make it fast? That set-up will not take out MY Z--if you think it will meet up with me and prove otherwise. Until then you are all talking $hit and not willing to do anything. NOBODY in MD/DC/V area want a friendly race ???
Old 12-03-2004, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Alberto,Dec 3 2004, 02:42 PM
Joeking you are not one to talk about driving-your video didnt impress me with your driving but what do I know...
what are you talking about??

The audio for my car in the clip is cut from a run at a Dyno during the FWT2004... the Z was mic'd in the engine bay... so you can't even hear how I'm shifting in that video...

I've posted this before... in both websites...

So... GYHOOYA *(Get Your Head Out Of Your Ass)
Old 12-03-2004, 10:50 AM

The guy in the S2K drives pretty well, he powershifts, and does it good imo-he runs 14.4 in a GTS with i/e-Id say he can drive better than most people.
I've ran 13.9 stock... avg 14.1...

So what's your point... that sounds average at best...
Old 12-03-2004, 10:55 AM

Some of you guys are straight, but surprisingly most of you are pricks. I didnt think so many S2K owners were haters-you guys flame the Z like its a POS, I never once flamed the S2K. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses.
LOL!!!

The Z owners in my350z are the biggest DICKS I've ever seen!

I have a couple friends that own them... and even they shy away from the site b/c of immature, mindless and constantly derogatory banter...

here's the link for those who want to see how "classy" 350z owners are!

.....well chit... what do you know... i went back to find it... and it's been deleted!

go figure...
Old 12-03-2004, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it had to be a lower model because coming out of the corners it felt like it had traction control. I even asked the owner if it had traction control and he looked at me funny. With the R-comps you couldn't hear them peeling out so it masked the fact that the inside tire was doing a burn-out on corner exit. It was a total buzz kill to have to wait for the damn car to settle before you could power out of the turn.

I suppose with some suspension tuning and an LSD the car could actually handle pretty well but you just could never correct the cheapo interior, major lard factor and dated styling.

It's funny how the only Z that doesn't look totally dated is the one that was copied from european sports cars.

Hey man, we can all get along. It doesn't mean we have to like each others cars right? Oh, and you are absolutely correct when you mention that a lot of people who know how to drive can't drag race. That sh*t is hard. The timing of the lights, the effective use of available traction on the launch... uh, I guess that's it. Once you get to the gear where you're not spinning out things get pretty boring. Good thing it doesn't last too long.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=glagola1,Dec 3 2004, 11:58 AM] Yeah, it had to be a lower model because coming out of the corners it felt like it had traction control.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:26 AM

Naw, I'm sure there was no traction control. I did about 14 runs in it so I got to know it pretty well. It was definately wheel spin. The tach would climb and the engine would burble all the way to fuel cut but the car would barely accelerate until it flattened out.

The car can be quite competitive though. Carter Thompson drive one to a 3rd place at nationals a couple years ago.

That's why I get so sick of these threads in this sub-forum. What does if prove if you beat somebody at a stop light drag? It proves that both participants are actin the fool on public streets and endangering them selves and others.

A reason the performance between these cars is so hotly debated is that they are so close and to post a vid of a modified Z walking a nearly stock S is just fueling the fire. You're right that a lot of these people here are replying in really immature ways but look what forum this is. What sub-forum could you choose in here that has lesser mature particpants that street racers? Just don't judge the S2k community by this sub-forum alone.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:32 AM

Someone ban this guy.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:36 AM

who me? I'm a hung over today and frankly, I'm feeling a little flippant.

If you mean Alberto, I think he's alright. He just peed on an ant hill in flip flops... happens to the best of us.

(damn, did you read that colloquialism I just coined?)

Quick Reply: **Video** Z vs S2K