S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   00 s2k vs 04 cobra (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/00-s2k-vs-04-cobra-202077/)

revhi 05-05-2004 05:35 PM

No_really,

You keep bringing up these American supercars that blow everything else away with power and price. Why dont we compare something comperable.

yellafeva 05-05-2004 07:43 PM

I'd only like to add my few last words to this pointless subject.

First thing first, I don't hate domestic cars at all, well some of them because they look too crude and rude. And I don't think all domestic cars are unreliable and crappy. Some are not. However, in general, Japanese cars are considered the most reliable and quality for the past few decades, esp. Honda and Toyota. Everyone on earth knows that. Ask a most secluded person who lives in the mountains of a 3rd-world country, and he/she would tell you the same fact, even though he/she has never heard of a car. Ask any Martian or Jupiterian and "it" would tell you the same fact.

Years after years for the last few decades, almost every test and report has concluded the same fact. In general, Honda and Toyota vehicles are considered the most reliable and quality of all. If you searched for every report in the last two decades, you'd find more reports than the world's human population number, that support my statement. If you're too delusional and mentally retarded to understand that simple fact, you should join the KKK, because they are also delusional: "We detest the Jews, but we worship and listen to the Lord Jesus Christ. Wait a minute! Was Jesus a Jew? Was his mother, Virgin Mary, a Jew? Was his supposed father, Joseph, also a Jew? So, we've been worshipping Jews the whole time? :yikes:" That's how delusional those KKK's are, much like you if you don't see this simple fact. ;)

yellafeva 05-05-2004 07:56 PM

Also, one last statement:

The reason Japan has not been making those crazily high-horsepower vehicles is due to their own implemented "gentleman's agreement" because they are too civilized of a society to let automakers get out of hands with crazily high-powered and dangerous vehicles. Although some cars might've ignored this agreement, but the majority of them have been committed to this self-imposed agreement. HOWEVER, the automakers are starting to see that it's not worth it to stick to this agreement and slowly ignoring it. You really think none of them are capable of producing high-horsepower vehicles? I guess 400-hp cars are harder to produce than Formula One cars and robots, huh? :rolleyes: I guess those automakers have been incapable of producing 400-hp cars when their cars can easily produce much more than that with a few simple mods, huh? :rolleyes: I guess those engineers are simply less competent than the car owners who tweek their cars, huh? :rolleyes: If you believe in all these, you're too stupid to be socializing in this society.

But back to the topic, this agreement is being slowly ignored, and the automakers are starting to produce more high-hp cars than ever before. They're starting to get into the supercar arena.

Similar to the Japanese agreement, the Germans have also imposed an agreement to limit the top speed to 155mph to reduce the reckless high speeds in their country. Some have been ignoring this agreement, such as Porsche, but most have been complying. So does it mean they are incapable of making cars faster than 155mph? Are they as incapable as the Japanese in producing high-hp cars? :rolleyes: Please stop being so stupid! The Lord is laughing at your stupidity, and crying for creating your existence. ;) :D

mikecl713 05-05-2004 07:59 PM

catch-22

steve c 05-05-2004 08:11 PM

The reason Japan has not been making those crazily high-horsepower vehicles is due to their own implemented "gentleman's agreement" because they are too civilized of a society to let automakers get out of hands with crazily high-powered and dangerous vehicles.
The gentlemans agreement has been broken for some time -- and I don't see any of these high-powered vehicles as being "dangerous."

That has to be one of the lamest attempts at an excuse yet.

Reality check, the point that the Japanese have not built a high horsepower car capable of competing with other makers in the past few years is a fact. What reason is anyones guess, I lean towards the economics of the matter. Making silly excuses for them does not change this fact.

97Snake 05-05-2004 08:15 PM

Crazie8: This one was a gem........"hp means SHIT!! my S has 240 hp.. competing vs a GT mustang.. which obviously has MORE hp AND more TORQUE!! but our cars are much faster.. why?? i dont know..."

WHAT, horse power means shit???? NO. The stang has 20 more hp and alot more torque..... and alot more weight. The HP/Tq make it harder to launch then the S. If you found a guy in a GT who could launch his it he'd beat you in a straight line (if you are stock). You are beating the driver, not the car.

Just for shits and giggles, if you know someone with a Gt and you can tolerate sitting in it for afew minutes you should try and launch it. Go test drive a used one if you don't knwo anyone who has one. Just make sure you put the windows up before you hit the gas...all that torque may toss you right outta the car and on to you ass.;)

Final Ramblings:
Oh...and I'll bet 70% of the stangs you see are of the 6 cyl. variety. I must see about 12 a day.

I think the reason why you don't see too many Poopras in your lot is becasue they stopped making them. Turns out no one was buying them because they were afraid to park them in lots. :)

As for the twisties..its no competition. The stang would be in the bushes somewhere.

yellafeva 05-05-2004 08:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve c

mikecl713 05-05-2004 08:36 PM

where does all that weight come from on the gt
most of it from the v8 engine and in attempts to balance the car out.
thats why making big hp from 4 cylinders is logical

yellafeva 05-05-2004 08:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by no_really
Subjective ratings are not a very reliable indicator of quality, IMHO.

steve c 05-05-2004 08:55 PM

Do you really think they are incapable of producing "high" hp cars? C'mon, please don't be so ignorant.
I never said that, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. Then again, capable or not, they have not. If the shoe fits ... your gentlemens excuse is just that, an excuse.

Whether or not a 278+ horsepower car is "dangerous" is a matter of opinion, but being that I've had a few and am still around, I'd guess they are safe. I'm betting the hundreds of thousands of folks who also have cars with more than 278 horsepower would agree with me.

Like I said, they are starting to produce more high-hp cars than ever before within the next few years.[/
This sounds like more theory and conjecture from you. Do you have any specifics or are we to take your word here?

The point is, within a decade, Honda and Toyota will be the top dogs because they keep making quality and reliable cars, while others will keep decreasing as they currently have been.
That is not a point, it is an opinion -- and one I don't think you will find many folks agreeing with. The American makers have made the largest strides in quality in the past ten years -- much like the Japanese did 10 years before that.

Perhaps you are too young to remember the days when Civics rusted out around the shock towers in under two years...

You seem hell bent on trying to convince us of something that simply is not true. It has been stated a couple times before, the numbers can be applied in many different ways to create various outcomes. You are biased towards your point of view, but in my camp it carries very little weight because you do not have the first hand experience that some of us do.