S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

350z Drivers.....

Old 06-19-2004, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

350z drivers act pretty weird...So I pulled out of a parking lot yesterday and was about to turn left on to a 2 lane road. Before I turn left I see a silverish 350z coming in from the right. He then stops to about 25-30mph and suddenly points his finger at my car while driving and then says something for liek 2-3 seconds and I think I could make out the word "you". His windows were up and he looked liek an older guy in his 30s. I just laghed it off cause he looked stupid lol. I don't know or have ever ran into a silver 350z. Made me realize that this rivalry thing must be really big. I'm still waiting for a 350z encounter on the freeway. Saw a black one once but didn't have time to mess around. Anyone know how we do on freeway runs against 350z starting about 50-60mph?
Old 06-19-2004, 02:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock vs Stock... I've heard the 350Z will walk away from highway rolls...

Funny story...
Old 06-19-2004, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you run the Z... best bet is to out-gun them from the launch. If you can shift the S2000 you shouldn't have a problem edging out an average Z driver.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by SilverKnight
350z drivers act pretty weird...So I pulled out of a parking lot yesterday and was about to turn left on to a 2 lane road. Before I turn left I see a silverish 350z coming in from the right. He then stops to about 25-30mph and suddenly points his finger at my car while driving and then says something for liek 2-3 seconds and I think I could make out the word "you". His windows were up and he looked liek an older guy in his 30s. I just laghed it off cause he looked stupid lol. I don't know or have ever ran into a silver 350z. Made me realize that this rivalry thing must be really big. I'm still waiting for a 350z encounter on the freeway. Saw a black one once but didn't have time to mess around. Anyone know how we do on freeway runs against 350z starting about 50-60mph?

Not all Z drivers act the same, there are some jerks in Zs, just like there are asses in S2000s. 350Z has an advantage especially at higher speeds. You may get a walking.

As for a rivalry, what rivalry? Z owners don't consider an s2000 a rivalry. Most 350z owners are car enthusiasts that love their cars for what they are, an automotive icon and a great quick machine.

Also spell check your posts, because you just said "he looked stupid". You have quite alot of spelling errors.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doozyj
Old 06-20-2004, 07:04 PM

Old 06-20-2004, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by SBS2000R
Me too the300zx Twin Turbo is the real icon at least in my book.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:31 PM

I have a 350Z and am 20 years old. No one I know considers me an asshole, and I do believe that the Z and the S2000 have a bit of rivalry. I can see a mustang and not want to kill it, but whenever I spot an S, I am filled with adrenaline and I really want to race it.

I have driven an S before and it handles like a dream. HOwever the Z is faster from start and will win from a roll.
I just like the Z better than the S in just about every way.
(God I wish the Z was as light as the S though...sigh)
Old 06-21-2004, 09:39 PM

axxizzer its gonna be a drivers race with a slight advantage to the S from a start. Its just based on races that I have seen. As a secondary source the majority of magazines have the 0-60 and 1/4 times out edging the 350z. I look primarily to the reviews of the 00-01 s2k models. I'm sure these specs are the same for the 02+ models also.
I havent seen any freeway runs yet which is why I asked. Even then I still think it would be a drivers race but the slight advantage would go to the 350z on this part of a race.
The specs are still pretty close between these two cars which makes me think that every race is pretty much a drivers races.
I've also noticed that a lot of 350z owners aren't a fan of the 350z converts. It would be interesting to see how you guys get along.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by axxizzer
I have a 350Z and am 20 years old. No one I know considers me an asshole, and I do believe that the Z and the S2000 have a bit of rivalry. I can see a mustang and not want to kill it, but whenever I spot an S, I am filled with adrenaline and I really want to race it.

I have driven an S before and it handles like a dream. HOwever the Z is faster from start and will win from a roll.
I just like the Z better than the S in just about every way.
(God I wish the Z was as light as the S though...sigh)
You like the Z better than the S in every way? You must be the only one in the universe. You like the Z's handling better? You like the Z's gear box better? C'mon, you can't be that insane. I can honestly say that I like the S better than the Z in every way. When I say that, I don't sound insane because we all know that the S is better in 2 aspects already. Whereas, when you say that, you sound insane.

Quick Reply: 350z Drivers.....