S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

daddy's solstice GXP. the new soccer mom car?

Old 12-19-2006, 07:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default daddy's solstice GXP. the new soccer mom car?

I have a drive to work every day that involves a lot of backroads as well as some 2 lane city roads and stoplights, etc. I sort of despise the rural roads because it never fails that you're driving along and you find some asshat going 10 under in a 55. Oh, and God forbid they go down a hill and hit 9 under the speed limit, because then they lay on the brakes and bring it back down to a much safer, less than breakneck speed of 15 under.

But, I digress.

The other day, I was driving the S2000 on my lunch break, and was on one of these rural roads. I ended up behind a pontiac solstice that was doing slightly under the speed limit. Upon seeing the nose of my car staring him down in his rear view, he decides to slow down even more. Eventually I get a dotted line and slam it down a gear, and pass him easily. I notice it's 2 teenage kids in the car. It also appears to be a GXP solstice.

Eventually the road turns to 2 lanes and we hit a stop light. The "kids" pull up next to me at the light. The light turns, I go, he tries, and he gets sadly embarassed. I pull up to mcdonald's and the solstice also comes in the parking lot. The guy then does the most dumbfounded thing I've ever seen. I'm in the drive through lane and he pulls up next to me to talk trash. Thats' right folks. The kid is talking sh*t in a drive through at mcdonald's. I didn't know that solstice's were so cheap that redneck hicks who steal from walmart and live in a van down by the river could afford them.

The conversation is him essentially saying he "wasn't trying" at the light. I told him that I "wasn't trying" to laugh at him driving daddy's car, but it just slipped out. He then goes, and i'm serious "f you it's not my dad's car, it's my mom's so f off". ROFL. That's right, because it being soccer mommy's car is WAY cooler and better than daddy's car.

He drives off, insistent on a "rematch" and he follows me out of the lot once I leave. We get to the same light again, now going the other way, and I proceed with a proper launch, this time putting more space between us than there is between britney spears' folds on her cooter.

Stupid kids and their soccer moms. They never learn.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a face saving response on his part!
Old 12-19-2006, 07:37 AM

Yeah that is really stupid. Kids tend to get...cocky...and want to own the road. They should just defer to the better driver and car.

Oh and Britney's cooter is a nice flabby one
Old 12-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yay for gears and a good driver! The Solstice GXP and their targeted demographic is even more reason for gears and boost.

When deciding to mod the car a few years back, I made the argument to my wife that making the car faster would be safer.... when pulling up to a light or a 2-->1 merging lane, the "pissing match" is over much faster and at slower terminal speeds with gears and boost.

Rather than having to inch ahead while accelerating against a rude/unsafe kid driving "mommy's car" (in this case), you can decisively end it by the time you're up to the legal speed limit.

The look of shock and despair on their faces is just an added bonus.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mommy will not be happy when Junior burns up her clutch.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya that extra power helps eliminate those dangerous pissing matches, only thing im worried about is a cop seeing it and then nailing my ass for "Exhibition of Speed" a new law full of wonderful grey area giving the Fla PD another opportinity to cash in on us or pull you over for no reason and claim it. Hehehe cant wait for my SC to be installed though ^^
Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
EJO

I truely thought the GXP would give the S a better run, but then again that would have to be with someone who actually know how to drive it. Way to slap the cocky attitude out of MR. "It's my MOM's car".
Old 12-19-2006, 04:25 PM

That's right, because it being soccer mommy's car is WAY cooler and better than daddy's car.
You should have asked him if his mom was hot.....then you could have raced her for some a$$ ...ROFL!!!!! and made it worthwhile!!
Old 12-19-2006, 04:30 PM

Gas, ass, or grass, no one races for free.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by villain2000,Dec 19 2006, 05:30 PM
Gas, ass, or grass, no one races for free.
LOL!!

Quick Reply: daddy's solstice GXP. the new soccer mom car?