S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Encounter with an EVO8 on the freeway

Old 12-22-2004, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, Ok, just seen this thread Well coming from an owner of both, his car was a weak Evo or he doesnt know how to drive. I can guarantee you with the top down I dont care at what speed the Evo would pull away. We have done it many times now and the S cant pass the Evo at any speed. AWD BS is WAY overrated, believe me I would take the Evo to freeway race over the S anyday. When our Evo was bone stock I took it up to 150 and it was still pulling. Now that its slightly modded from a slow roll up to any speed I can put bus lenghts on the S. Im not saying the S isnt fast, but not having the TQ really sux IMO.

Im not saying you didnt beat him, but just from our experience the Evo is faster. Bone stock I would say they are pretty similar which you said he didnt look modded. Let that guy add a turboback exhaust for $600 and believe me its over for the S. Its amazing what just a couple mods does to the Evo.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete, have you ran your EVO in the 1/4 mile yet ?
Old 12-22-2004, 10:58 PM

Nope, only track here is about 2 hrs away and they usually open on Wednesday's when im at work There is a place however trying to get a huge track built about 15 mins from us, that would be sweet, road coarse, 1/4 mile, Oval etc..With my mods I would guess the car could run 13 flat, but thats just a guess. I have been told once I add the ECU it would be mid to high 12's and with Cams and ECU mid to low 12's. so we'll see

BTW hows the M3 coming along? TTYL
Old 12-22-2004, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by S2kAllStarDrifters!,Dec 21 2004, 07:44 PM
NO offense, but i find it hard to believe you're dusting an EVO especially with those mods alone, not to mention you're top is down and an extra passenger..EVO driver does not know how to drive,,im sorry

Its very difficult to believe that a S with your mods can be faster than a EVO8!
Maybe he was a lazy driver...I dont know.
Congratulations for your victory though....

However keep in mind that these damn cars are faster and you need a S/C to easily kill them.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Dec 22 2004, 11:58 PM
Nope, only track here is about 2 hrs away and they usually open on Wednesday's when im at work There is a place however trying to get a huge track built about 15 mins from us, that would be sweet, road coarse, 1/4 mile, Oval etc..With my mods I would guess the car could run 13 flat, but thats just a guess. I have been told once I add the ECU it would be mid to high 12's and with Cams and ECU mid to low 12's. so we'll see

BTW hows the M3 coming along? TTYL
Had a little fender bender, but my car is coming together fine. Since the little incident, I'm getting a new front acs or strassentech lip, and rear diffusor, so that's a plus.

I'll hit you up on aim.

I figured you would've ran your EVO, I'm so busy I didn't hit the track last summer. I'll go this spring.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:16 AM

Cool Bill, remember to get some pix so we can drool on it Still gonna get the HRE wheels?
Old 12-23-2004, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by aroggio,Dec 21 2004, 12:23 AM
This was the first chance that I had to race an EVO ever and I was very impressed with the performance of my S. I have an AEM V2 CAI, Invidia dual-catback exhaust, Ti2000 lowering springs, and a Cusco STB.
thats because the AP1s are the fastest. (not to mention the MY00s)
-Chris
Old 12-23-2004, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Quik S2K,Dec 23 2004, 03:16 AM
Cool Bill, remember to get some pix so we can drool on it Still gonna get the HRE wheels?
Yea! But I have motgage payment, and doing other sh!t! with my finances right now, so that's why my car isn't all tricked out yet. But yes, the HRE's will be on. BTW. Pm me, I feel like a post whore, and feel as I've jacked this guys thread in answering your questions.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by nalVle,Dec 23 2004, 10:33 AM
thats because the AP1s are the fastest. (not to mention the MY00s)
-Chris
In relation to the thread. AP1's could be faster from a roll b/c of the deeper redline. From a stop however, it seems others on this forum with the 04 + say they put a few car lengths off the line on the AP1's ? Which could be right, and I'd like to see an 04 vs Evo off the line then
Old 12-23-2004, 04:13 PM

LOL, well I still doubt the 04 could keep up off the line with a good driver in the Evo. I know some have good times off the line with the S, but its so easy to jump off the line with AWD

Sorry to get off topic, but I raced a modded WRX last night, we both launched and he actually spun his tires, I was like damn...But just him losing that bit of traction I pulled out 1-2 cars. He was pretty quick, I was thinking he would have been a good match for the S.

Quick Reply: Encounter with an EVO8 on the freeway