S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

First encounter with new Z4 3.0

Old 02-09-2004, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First encounter with new Z4 3.0

Was coming back to my office from lunch meeting.
Came to stop at the red light on Dublin Road before Turtle Crossing Blvd.

As I am waiting for lights to turn green, a black Z4 pulls right next to me. He gets inched up and stop beyond supposed stop line. There is a car in front of me. I see his tag and its manufacturer's tag. They have BMW finance office in Dublin and chances are it is one of the BMW employee leased car.

Light turns green, the Z4 punchs out. So I follow him to the next light. It's red. Both of us waiting for the light to turn green. I don't know what got into me but I wanted to see whether he wants to play so I rev a little. he revs back.... Roads are clear, I don't see any cars infront of us for as far as I can see.

Light turns green, he spins his tires hard. I feather my throttle until I get up to about 10mph then I punch it. He is ahead of me about a car or so. 2nd, he is still ahead of me and slowly pulls away. 3rd, Im pulling on him. I know for fact, I can catch him but I had to shut down because we are entering residential and high traffic area near Metro Center.

We come to another traffic light and I give him a big thums up then he smiles back and gave me thumbs up. It was nice little race. Both of us were happy to let our car run as it was made for. I really liked his exhaust tone, and Im sure he heard my Vtec. He might brag to his coworkers that he beat S2000 today but I didn't mind. I know if we had wide open road for miles ahead of us, the story would have been different.

It was a nice little race neverthless.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:39 PM

Nice race. My buddy has a Z4 3.0. It's pretty fast. Off the line the torque it has gives it the advantage in a short race. I am waiting for my 04 to come in. Then maybe after the break in point we can run on the toll road. There is never traffic or cops on it.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:32 AM

nice run....I would love to have a chance against one of those....
Old 02-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the opportunity to run one here in naples, a black one, it was off of pine ridge road, we were both at the stop light just before the I-75 north bound entrance and sure enough as it turns green, he pulls on me off the line and just about as we got onto the interstate, i pulled hard on em and kept pulling to about 115mph and then shut down and he caught up and we both gave the thumbs up and he said DAAAMN!!!! It was a sweet run
Old 02-13-2004, 01:38 PM

u 'should' have beaten it.....but in this case he deserved the win
better luck next time
Old 02-13-2004, 02:41 PM

Sound Zero... I was just in Dublin the other day for a loan app... Never heard of it until I was forced to drive there...

beuatiful and wealthy area! ...doesn't look like the kind of city where you could expect to experience too many Street Encounters though... either way... nice run.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:06 PM

yes, Dublin is nice. Although I am spoiled because I lived in Boston for past 5 years.

Anyhow, I think Money Magazine picked Dublin, OH as 2nd best town in US population under 100k. Nice area. But it comes with price. Too many rich, young stupid kids with their mommy and daddy bought cars.

But other than that, it's a nice little town.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:21 AM

yea...ive raced one of those too..but in my Z28...I posted the kill on a different forum...but ill post it here for you guys enjoyment

I had just finished putting some gas in my car when I pull onto HWY6...there is a 3.0L Z4 next to me but think nothing of it...the light turns green and he takes off fast(hes behind another car) and merges over to my lane...up ahead I see a red light There is no way I can get next to him because there is already a car waiting there so I just stay behind them hoping that he would take off fast...light turns green...he takes off...I follow then I get on the next lane and I EASILY start pullin on him like a raped ape...i pass him up and put a few cars on him then shut down...i roll down my window and that guy looked like the same guy who had the Boxster...whom I also beat...and turned into the same subdivision. Either way he waves and we turn to our respected areas. I looked up the info on this car and its a high 13 second car...hmm I thought they were more of a mid 14 sec car.

anyways it was a fun run
Old 02-21-2004, 06:38 PM

I had no problems with Z.4 3.0i, seems like you need to work on driving the car a bit.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:55 AM

Fact: stock s2000 and Z4 3.0 are as close as nothing else. Very very close! no arguement about this! Nothing to do with driving better the Honda.

Quick Reply: First encounter with new Z4 3.0