S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

g35 vs 350z

Old 05-04-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Mr. Nismo,May 4 2008, 09:42 AM] ^^^^Depends. Some pre hr 350Zs are just weak. Mainly the 2006s. Theres a reason why nissan only had the revup engine out for 1 model year. Now 2003-2004.5 ones are pretty quick. Take mine for example. My best quarter mile time with just intake, exhaust, test pipe, and y-pipe is 13.80 with and crappy 2.1 60ft and trap of 102. Compared to my buddies best S2k time of 14.0, with a 2.1 60ft and trap of 99.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:01 AM

^^^^^LMAO @ you thinking that pre rev ups are slow. Ok since you're so smart tell me this. If the rev up engine was so good. How come nissan got rid of it. Now sure it was only in one 2005 model 350z. The grand touring model. But when 2006 hit they put it in all 2006 models. The switched to the HR in 07. The revups have oil consumptions issues. Some dyno really low etc, etc, etc. The rev ups don't have the best repetiation either. Hell I got a rev up longblock sitting @ my house that I'm gonna tear into. Since the blocks are the exact same as the pre rev blocks. Then I'll just replace it with the 03 heads. In my car I've raced 4 s2ks ranging from stock to having I/H/E tuned VAFC and gears. The last one we were dead even the whole way up to 120 when we shut down. 2006 350zs are no problem for me. I've raced a 2007 350z with the same exact exhaust as me and he had an intake and we were dead even. That one defintley shocked me especially after pulling into the parking lot and seeing the hump in the hood and seeing it was a 2007. G35s I only raced one an that wasn't even a contest. Don't get me wrong I love the s2k. Defintley thinking about picking one up as a daily driver once the Z is paid off. But some of the statements on this site are just outlandish sometimes.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Nismo,May 4 2008, 11:01 AM
^^^^^LMAO @ you thinking that pre rev ups are slow. Ok since you're so smart tell me this. If the rev up engine was so good. How come nissan got rid of it. Now sure it was only in one 2005 model 350z. The grand touring model. But when 2006 hit they put it in all 2006 models. The switched to the HR in 07. The revups have oil consumptions issues. Some dyno really low etc, etc, etc. The rev ups don't have the best repetiation either. Hell I got a rev up longblock sitting @ my house that I'm gonna tear into. Since the blocks are the exact same as the pre rev blocks. Then I'll just replace it with the 03 heads. In my car I've raced 4 s2ks ranging from stock to having I/H/E tuned VAFC and gears. The last one we were dead even the whole way up to 120 when we shut down. 2006 350zs are no problem for me. I've raced a 2007 350z with the same exact exhaust as me and he had an intake and we were dead even. That one defintley shocked me especially after pulling into the parking lot and seeing the hump in the hood and seeing it was a 2007. G35s I only raced one an that wasn't even a contest. Don't get me wrong I love the s2k. Defintley thinking about picking one up as a daily driver once the Z is paid off. But some of the statements on this site are just outlandish sometimes.
with a name like Mr. Nismo, I would think you would know that the rev up came in the 35th anny, and the track edition. no grand touring that year.

rev-up makes more power than the non rev-up, with basic bolt ons, stock for stock, and some of them do not have oil consumption issues.

BLAH BLAH BLHA i dont care what you raced...
Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Nismo,May 4 2008, 11:42 AM
^^^^Depends. Some pre hr 350Zs are just weak. Mainly the 2006s. Theres a reason why nissan only had the revup engine out for 1 model year. Now 2003-2004.5 ones are pretty quick. Take mine for example. My best quarter mile time with just intake, exhaust, test pipe, and y-pipe is 13.80 with and crappy 2.1 60ft and trap of 102. Compared to my buddies best S2k time of 14.0, with a 2.1 60ft and trap of 99. When we race from a roll we are even through first, I barely pull a fender in second. And then a soon as I hit third the car just starts pulling away HARD! We always joke because my 3rd gear pull is so hard it almost look like I have nitrous.
Ok, this is exactly what I mean. Your Z with intake, exhaust, a test pipe, and a Y pipe ran slower then my s2000 did when it was completely stock (at a slower track none the less).

90% of the times I ever hear about someone in a pre HR Z running and beating an s2000, I really second guess how well they were driving their car. (let me guess, your buddy is the greatest driver this planet has ever come to know)

But I'm not about to spark up another 5 pages of "my car is faster then your car" b.s. So I'll just stop.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:48 PM

^^^Never said my friend was the best driver on here. He's pretty good though. when I drove his car @ the track I got a 14.0. That was the first time I had ever launched and drove an S2k. My 13.80 was only one run that I thought I did horrible on and I was shocked I did a 13.80. The track is the only track that we have here it the people that run can prep it to save their lives. And thats not just my opinion but many others that run on that track(*cough Kenny Tran* cough*). The s2k that had ran had i/h/e vafc and gears ran 13.5 on drag radials spinning and we were neck and neck. Like its been said before Z vs S2k is a drivers race. But you have to admit some of the stories were people are talking about pulling Zs by 2.5 cars seem to be a lil out there. And as far as the Rev Ups out dynoing the pre revs and being faster. Some do, some don't. And the issue witht the oil consumption is so bad that Nissan will replace the engine if its within a specific build date and under so many miles. That TSB has been out for awhile now.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Nismo,May 4 2008, 01:48 PM
^^^Never said my friend was the best driver on here. He's pretty good though. when I drove his car @ the track I got a 14.0. That was the first time I had ever launched and drove an S2k. My 13.80 was only one run that I thought I did horrible on and I was shocked I did a 13.80. The track is the only track that we have here it the people that run can prep it to save their lives. And thats not just my opinion but many others that run on that track(*cough Kenny Tran* cough*). The s2k that had ran had i/h/e vafc and gears ran 13.5 on drag radials spinning and we were neck and neck. Like its been said before Z vs S2k is a drivers race. But you have to admit some of the stories were people are talking about pulling Zs by 2.5 cars seem to be a lil out there. And as far as the Rev Ups out dynoing the pre revs and being faster. Some do, some don't. And the issue witht the oil consumption is so bad that Nissan will replace the engine if its within a specific build date and under so many miles. That TSB has been out for awhile now.
Dude! Do some research. The TSB has nothing to do with build date. Go the the 3000 post thread on my350z and you will see I started it. The TSB only applies if the motor is burning oil I lemon law'd my revup so I would know.

revup>287 on the highway

The V2 motor that was released did feel stronger but still ate oil.

You also need to realize there are a lot of auto 350z's with 3.3 FD. A good driver in an s2k will have no problem walking one of those. Both 350z guys and s2k guys claim to beat them by 2.5 cars. It goes either way.

I raced silverstonejedi's ap2 with header, exhaust, intake and went door to door with him in my bone stock revup right before lemon lawing it. He beat me from a first gear roll but other than that I beat numerous Ap1's and Ap2's without a hitch.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:21 PM

^^I was going off what the dealership told me as far as the TSB. Never read it because I don't have a Rev up. As far as the AT 350Z, I thought that was understood that those will get walked. I was clearly talking about M/T versus M/T. And like I said in my earlier post, some Rev Ups dyno lower, some higher, it just depends.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Nismo,May 4 2008, 03:21 PM
^^I was going off what the dealership told me as far as the TSB. Never read it because I don't have a Rev up. As far as the AT 350Z, I thought that was understood that those will get walked. I was clearly talking about M/T versus M/T. And like I said in my earlier post, some Rev Ups dyno lower, some higher, it just depends.
Who the hell believes anything the dealer says? No wonder you are an idiot.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Ok......now your going to personal attacks. Did I say I believed the dealership dumbass? Nope, I nearly stated what the dealership said. I took it with a grain of salt because A) I don't have a rev up and B) when i was told to go up there by someone because supposedly nissan was "just going to switch your engine" the guy was like well it has to be a early 2005 and up and has to have no more then X amount of miles. I was like ok well whatever and didn't think anything about it. So the next time you wanna assume something about someone you dumbshit how about you don't.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

jesus fellas, grow up

Quick Reply: g35 vs 350z