S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

OOOOOOHHH What a morning :)

Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down OOOOOOHHH What a morning :)

oh what a morning...... so I am on the way to my parents house to stop by and say hello, wash the car before i head to my buddies to go tool around with his Ferrari, NSX, and Older Porsche which he says is faster then me , so top is down just cruising (4 lane highway) when I see a nice, newer body Porsche Carrere 4S (lloked slightly lowered with chrome wheels) with the top down fly by with two guys in it.

I catch up, as he slowed down to a normal speed of around 85MPH, and I get behind him, just to see whats what , and he takes off, I leave it in 5th and from about 85mph to 120 I put a bus or two length or so on the Porsche , and carry on my way.....

(in all fairness he had a passenger, I did not )

So I am just cruising as I got off the highway and notice an interesting blue car behind me with White racing stripes, I knew right away what it was .

So he passes me, I take a look at the car (mean looking and sounds bad ass), so I think ok I will follow closely and see whats up, lol.

So we are just cruising and I decide to pass him as he looks like hes not too interested which is fine and as I pass him at a normal speed and get back over to the left lane I see him quickly catch up and get right behind me .

Not wanting to lose I say to myself, Blown headgasket, blown tranny, I don't care I am going all out and seeing what my car can do.

So I drop it into 4th around 6000RPMS and move over to the middle lane and wait for him to come up and pace me, I wanted to get a nice clean run in, I look at my water temp gauge and see it at 202F and of course as I am looking at it I hear a MONSTER coming off my left back bumper and I go WOT and before I know it, I am at the middle of his passenger door and he is still pulling , I bring the lil 2.2L to its max and as soon as I see the REV limiter flash I SLAM it into 5th, : by the middle of 5th I have stopped his pull (at his back bumper now) and by top of 5th I am not only reeling the SOB in, but pulling on him..........

and JUST as I am about to leave this guy behind me, he lets off and shuts down , but we all know whos car was faster

So...... I then look back to my water Temp gauge and it was at 210F , started to panic, but then it slowly went down to 200F and then back to its normal 195F for the hot summer time day.

So I slow down because there is light and traffic ahead and look over with a smile to the fellow in the mustang and he doest even look over

HOWEVER, to the left of me rolls up the Porsche with two older gents, and I hear

"What's in that thing, its NASTY,", I smile and tell em a big 'ol turbo, and they both had a look of little kid excitement on their faces, you could tell they seemed to be car guys, they really had huge smiles, like they were absolutely amazed at how fats my car was, lol

So all in all a good morning
Old 07-31-2010, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice story Joey
Old 07-31-2010, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They may have been on there way to a car show.
have you ever turned your heat on to bring the water temp down faster?
thats what they say when your cars over heating.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:56 AM

how do you always run into to people that often? i even live around a few big car scenes and still never run into that many people.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^

Dunno to be honest, central Jersey and highway roads

Also I said I would blow my headgasket if I had too, and guess what????????

Car overheated later this afternoon and there was just too many air bubbles for it to be anything else but the headgasket, so looks like all the beating blew the gasket
Old 07-31-2010, 03:48 PM

ROFL nice kills! Sad to hear about the headgasket

Your inspiration Joey! Inspiration!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Man, Joey, once you're done toying with that S and destroying other monstrous cars, send it my way so I can have some fun with it.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:10 AM

there's no car scene in the south Chicago suburbs.... (
Old 08-13-2010, 08:48 AM

joey you need 9:1 compression pistons and stock headgasket and youll be set. you could probably run a little more power too.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 AM

nice runs

Quick Reply: OOOOOOHHH What a morning :)