S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

S2000 Vs. GTI VR6

Old 11-08-2005, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 Vs. GTI VR6

This happen earlier in the year, but it was a good kill so what the hell.

Im on my home from my gf's house, and there is a 2lane road that goes through the middle of town all the way out of town to where my development is. We get stoped at the center of town, light turns green and he takes off. This was an older guy and im sure he was thinkin he was sweet smoking some punk kid but thats fine. ive gotten tickets here before and wasnt about the mess around in a 25 zone. It's just stupid, so i causually go on my way preying he continues on the road to where it clears out by my house. Sure enough he doesnt turn, and i catch up and we get caught at the last light in town. From there the road goes out of town, and my street is right before the border about 3/4mile down.

Light changes, and niether of us launch. I dint hear him rev up so i dint either. I shift easy into second and then he punches still in 1st and gets a car. At this point, im in second and floor it. It bogs out for second, and then boost builds and by the end of second i had a car on him. I take it too 6500rpm in third, and i had hids in the rearview. I turn on my blinker, hit the brakes and turn on to my street.

Im pretty sure i ruined his night.

PS, In no way was that ment to hate on S2K's. I love them, and plan on getting one.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aggv,Nov 8 2005, 09:44 PM
This happen earlier in the year, but it was a good kill so what the hell.

Im on my home from my gf's house, and there is a 2lane road that goes through the middle of town all the way out of town to where my development is. We get stoped at the center of town, light turns green and he takes off. This was an older guy and im sure he was thinkin he was sweet smoking some punk kid but thats fine. ive gotten tickets here before and wasnt about the mess around in a 25 zone. It's just stupid, so i causually go on my way preying he continues on the road to where it clears out by my house. Sure enough he doesnt turn, and i catch up and we get caught at the last light in town. From there the road goes out of town, and my street is right before the border about 3/4mile down.

Light changes, and niether of us launch. I dint hear him rev up so i dint either. I shift easy into second and then he punches still in 1st and gets a car. At this point, im in second and floor it. It bogs out for second, and then boost builds and by the end of second i had a car on him. I take it too 6500rpm in third, and i had hids in the rearview. I turn on my blinker, hit the brakes and turn on to my street.

Im pretty sure i ruined his night.

PS, In no way was that ment to hate on S2K's. I love them, and plan on getting one.
You have a turbo vr6??? If so thats rare.

If its just a normal vr6 then the s2k wasnt probablly driven crappy. I have out launched and out ran r32's before. And yes they were being driven hard and correctly.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 PM

It's actually a blown VR, Vortech V2sq. My friend has an S2k and we raced before i had boost and it was even race. He had maybe 1/2 car at 80mph. We both had basic bolt ons too. Since then he added a vortech kit, and as did i. Same result, he had 1/2 car at 80mph.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:53 AM

well a blown vr is going to murder a s2k lets be honest.... and when i lose to a gti.. I still am driving home a s2k and they are still in a gti. No effect on my night.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aggv,Nov 8 2005, 10:02 PM
It's actually a blown VR, Vortech V2sq. My friend has an S2k and we raced before i had boost and it was even race. He had maybe 1/2 car at 80mph. We both had basic bolt ons too. Since then he added a vortech kit, and as did i. Same result, he had 1/2 car at 80mph.
Your freind should be pulling on you harder than that bro. If an equally modded s2k is going up vrs an equally modded vr6 the s2k should always wwin by a decent amount. Hopefully this thread doesnt end up going to vwvortex, it will be all hell after that.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:48 AM

I hope this remains civil. Some more backround on my car, it's a 98 which is the mk3 model. Not the fat 1999+ mk4 which are more comman, and wieght a considerable about more.

As far as my friends S2k, we usually race from a roll which isnt too driver related, and he always won. But it was damn close.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:00 AM

I love the old mk3's but there still pigs i used to race mine gutted lol

But the 24v vr makes much more power. I actulay still have my VF kit for sale off my gti
Old 11-09-2005, 07:07 AM

That ABT kit looks so good. I have that on mine as well.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:09 AM

haha yea the punk kid i sold the car to eff'd it up soo bad. it also has a shaved plate and wing. But that pic is going on 6 years ago this spring.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you moved up in the world KAY'S! hahahaha!

Quick Reply: S2000 Vs. GTI VR6