S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2004 honda lineup

Old 06-13-2003, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to see a bigger picture and more info, but I'm sure that will come in time. However the introduction of a new pickup should be interesting....
Old 06-13-2003, 10:25 AM

I've haven't enjoyed the styling of a Toyota expect for a Supra. The new Celica looks really weird and the MR2 looks buggy, and I do not find the Lexus line-up pleasing to look at either. But the Solara has some a nice shape and some of the Toyota concept cars are great! And you can't beat their realiablity.

Honda has great looking cars, but I feel they have problems with restyling a current model like the Accords, Civics, and Ludes (but the newer Ludes are decent). I like the earlier models like the 98 accord coupes, 90s Civics (when they had a longer nose), and 88-91 ludes (before they went to the rounded look).

Based on their past restyles, I question their restyling philosophies. I like the newer NSXs and look forward to a new s2000, but I worry a little how the S2000 and NSX will look like if they went through a major revision.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:27 AM

Honda cars are excellent, they have a racing heritage, no doubt, and styling is better than Toyota.
Conservative, tasteful and reliable cars these little Hondas.
But Toyota cars are excellent too.
Don't know of any other manufacturer who had a standard 5 yr. 60K mile (Not a typo) warranty on the powertrain of a twin turbo engine (supra).
This car was built like a tank. I know because I drove one for 4 years....Zero, and I mean zero problems, rattles or squeaks. I know of several Supra owners well past the 100,000 mile mark on their original turbos, synchros/clutches and differentials too.
So yes, I like toyotas and no, I don't think they are crap, and yes, I think they do compare favorably against even Hondas.
No flames, but credit where credit is due.
Cheers,
Daniel
Old 06-13-2003, 11:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone told me last week that GM has either an ownership interest or partnership of some kind with Toyota. Is this true? If it is, Toyota will be off my "allowed to buy" list:

1) Honda
2) BMW
3) Toyota

Does anyone know? Seemed odd when I heard it, but I know the smaller auto companies are getting gobbled up. A bad trend.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by basscase

Why isn't there a Lexus IS300 with the Supra TT powerplant, or a production IS 430, to compete with the M3 and S4?

I heard that the 2005 or 2006 IS will be restyled with a larger engine option to compete with the M3 and S4. I'm looking forward to seeing that.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Officer_down
[B]According to Automobile, Toyota is coming out with 65 new models within the next 5 years, but most will not leave Japan.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by OhioRacer
Someone told me last week that GM has either an ownership interest or partnership of some kind with Toyota. Is this true? If it is, Toyota will be off my "allowed to buy" list:

1) Honda
2) BMW
3) Toyota

Does anyone know? Seemed odd when I heard it, but I know the smaller auto companies are getting gobbled up. A bad trend.
This has been true for years. The Matrix and Pontiac Vibe are the same cars. The Geo Prism and Toyota Corolla were the same car as well. Also, the Suburban and Toyota Sequoia share some parts as well.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:24 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]

Well if Toyota can do whatever they please then maybe they should actually build some cars for sale in the US that are appealing to people younger than 40.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:33 PM

I like it. Very exciting. When will it be released? (04 S2000 that is, October'ish?)
Old 06-13-2003, 02:00 PM

Don't want to keep pushing this thread off topic, but since GM seems to be the current whipping-boy I gotta say that not all their stuff is crap. Have you driven a late model Corvette? How about a current GM full-size pickup or full-size SUV? There's a reason there are so many of them on the road, and that Honda was (is?) considering buying GM V8s to use in their full size pickup. It is amazing how GM can build something as good as a C5 and as bad as a Cavalier. How about the CTS V-spec? I have owned a Supra TT and C5, and can say the C5 was the all around better car (yes, including quality). I own an Odyssey and a Suburban (both still new) and can say the Suburban has less interior squeaks and rattles. And which is the better looking vehicle - Aztec or Element?? (answer = neither) I won't blindly eliminate any manufacturer if they come up with decent product, well except maybe Hyundai.

Quick Reply: 2004 honda lineup