S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

All Function Stereo Control Adaptor for S2000, for about $40!

Old 02-02-2001, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought everyone would be as interested as I am in this. I spoke with the good folks at Pacific Accessory Corporation located in neighboring Santa Ana, California about their SW1-3 programmable unit. They have an Adobe Acrobat Reader memo about the S2000 application and how the unit maintains all functions including mute function!!!!

Ready for this? ************

Dealer price is $38.40 per unit, if 5 are purchased (5 to a box, less gets an "open box" price.) Ready for more good news? Price for 20 would be $34.11 each with an additional 5% discount!!! and free shipping to the group buy coordinator.

Pacific Accessory Corporation will not sell directly to consumers but will sell to stereo stores. Anyone out there interested in doing a good deed for their fellow S2000 owners?

Take a look for yourselves -

http://www.go2pac.com/flash800.html

Price is an eye opener isn't it? Especially after having similar systems offered for about $150 each!!!

Anyway, if there is a stereo dealer out there among us who can put this together, I'm interested!!!!

2x6spds
Old 02-02-2001, 08:36 AM

I'm in, I'm in!! I wonder how well it works?
Old 02-02-2001, 08:40 AM

These units are also available through Circuit City. My guess is that they work absolutely perfectly, and for less than $40, I don't need anyone to rub my leg so I feel OK about the deal.

2x6spds
Old 02-02-2001, 09:20 AM
SaV

I am soo in! Please post updates! Oh yeah, is the install hard? I'm not too electronically orientated (but give me a wrench and I'll install anything ). Latez!
Old 02-02-2001, 09:34 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could probably arrange this but wouldn't it be easier to pick them up at Circuit City? Between the shipping and packaging costs to each individual buyer the difference between retail and wholesale would be slim and not worth the aggrevation. Can somebody find out what Circuit City charges for a unit.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:40 AM
GameOver

So Circuit City would install it would a new deck right? It'd be a lot easier to have it done that way, if you trust the circuit city installation guys.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:49 AM

Circuit City here in Fashion Island, Newport Beach, has always done a terrific job on installations on my cars. They're going to call me back with a price.

Will report.

2x6spds
Old 02-02-2001, 09:50 AM

Speaking as a former employee of Circuit City i would not trust their installation team.
Old 02-02-2001, 09:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Guys I guess you really dont understand what is involved in getting this all to work. That 150 is worth it. I have had other "installers" try to get that same mod to work....couldnt! The ended up sending everything off to me and having me do the mod form them. Everything went perfectly. I literally spent over a month perfecting this mod to make it work.

I have yet to be approached to do a true group buy on this mod. I have to keep my prices where they are because of the limited production and seriously with all the work/supplies/shipping that goes into the mod I dont make much!

I just hate to see so many unhappy S2000 owners. Pleas if you like approach me with a group buy of X amount of people and I will see what price I can arrange!

Just so you guys know all you get with that mod is a black box and 3 wires! You still need the harness to the car relay/harness and the knowlege of how to wire everything in get the proper connections. Know right now the harness for the car does not have connections for the Mute lead or the Dash controls.

Plus I know how to get the mute button to work a radio that does not have a mute lead. Thanks to one S2000 owners persistance.

If after reading all this you still feel that you want to try it your self then be my guest. I just hate seeing my friends get burnt.
Best of luck
jim.
Old 02-02-2001, 10:08 AM

Hi Pinky and all

Here's what PAC says:

"PAC Sterring Wheel Radio Controls

Interfacing Information Bulletin No. 3, March 21, 2000

Product: SWI-3

Vehicles: 2000 Honda S-2000 2 Seater

Problem: Not all functions work on the dash mounted controls.

Cause: The S-2000 dash mounted controls, left of the steering wheel, use different resistance values of the radio function buttons than other Honda vehicles. The mute button also supplies 12 volts instead of a resistance to ground.

Correction: Use the 2.7k ohm resistor attached to the back of the SW1-3. Connect one end of the resistor to the green wire and the other to ground (black wire).
The mute button suplies 12 volts on a Yellow/Blue wire in location A14 of the radio connector when the button is pressed and the button indicator light is on. DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO THE SW1-3. If your new radio has a "mute" input use this Yellow/Blue wire to energize a relay contacts to the radio mute inupt.
Follow normal programming of the SW1-3 as described in the instructions."

Sounds good to me.

2x6spds

Quick Reply: All Function Stereo Control Adaptor for S2000, for about $40!