S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Any noticable hp gains with a comptech intake?

Old 04-16-2005, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any noticable hp gains with a comptech intake?

For the S owners who has or had a comptech intake, do you like the intake and does it provide any noticable power increase? I plan to buy a intake somewhere this week (must be 50 state carb-legal) and the comptech caught my attention. I saw the dyno graph, but not sure if those graph are accurate. I'm not looking to purchase any other intake besides the comptech but need some feedbacks.

Also for anyone with knowledge on performance parts, how much rwhp would I be looking at with a comptech icebox intake and a apexi N1 single exhaust, since I already have the exhaust on my car. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

~Josh
Old 04-16-2005, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off: Use the search function. Intakes are a very common discussion.

Second: No intake on the S2k provides "significant" gains regardless of what people say or rant about. The key to improving performance is cooling the intake charge and the comptech does this just fine. If you wan to see better gains save and get a header to match that exhaust. You simply are not going to see much from any intake.

Is the comptech a good intake? Yes. Is it worth the money? Sure. Does it look cool? Yepper.

So in the end you may see 3 rwhp but thats not really worth the cost of admission when you can get the same benefit from removing the spare tire or running a few miles
Old 04-16-2005, 10:14 AM

Thanks for the reply. I did use the search, but didn't really find some answers I was looking for, that's why I decided to post it here.

~Josh
Old 04-16-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ya, I have the AEM V1 intake...I believe that the AEM's probably provide a LITTLE more power than the comptech, only because they are "real" CAI's being that they are down out of any hot engine air...however this is very negligable

like importsport said, most intakes are not going to gain much...they are mainly to clean up the engine bay and make it sound pretty
Old 04-16-2005, 10:24 AM

One thing about the Comptech intake is that the car sounds a million times better. The revs seem to climb much quicker too or so it seems. As far as getting more hp, that I don't know but it is one of the better mods I have done lately.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:25 AM

I suggest you look into the AEM CAI for your car. Wont be a good choice if it rains a lot at where you live but i believe it gives you the best gains out of any other intakes for s2000 and cheapter than comptech and mugen.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:12 PM

yep, my comptec gives a little better throttle response. and a nice sound. dont listen to the negative posts. buy a used one and see for yourself. there are a few for sale. and if if doesnt work, then it sale it to someone else. good luck
Old 04-16-2005, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a comptech & switched to aem v2..the aem is much better & louder, when vtec kicks in, it's much smoother too
Old 04-16-2005, 02:42 PM

i agree i just uninstalled my comptech and purchased a aem v2 and i feel the vtech much smoother than comptech. but either way comptech or aem v2 good choices......