S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anybody seen Joe Alaniz?

Old 07-04-2005, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Anybody seen Joe Alaniz?

I am not sure how to go about this in a politically correct manner without trying to insult someone's livelihood and craft; however, I am just very concerned since Joe, who is apparently very well respected by myself and others in the S2000 world, has not made any contact with me since his last email to me on June 8th! My issue is not so much that I am not in possession of my motor but that I have no proof that it has even been manufactured yet. I have given him quite a considerate amount of money and now I am just feeling rather jaded and to be quite frank betrayed. I have trusted this person with my pride and joy and right now I am at a point of desperation and frustration that I am just hoping that someone out there will help me to restore my sanity.
He isn't returning calls or emails since June 8th.
This is a snipet of his last email to me!

"YOUR SHIPPING DATE IS ON OR BEFORE MONDAY JUNE 20th. This is your SHIPPING DATE. Make all plans around this shipping date. IT WILL BE SENT VIA YELLOW FREIGHT LINES. I PROMISS YOU IT WILL SHIP. PERIOD! NO MORE BULL SHIT!"

I am aware that he has alot on his plate according to him and I have been very patient. At this point, I am just concerned and a little soured about this entire matter, since my car has been sitting on jackstands for over 5 months waiting on this motor - The original ship date promised to me was FEBRUARY 28th!

Since then, all other communications have connoted "two weeks" and has been that way since the original order - I understand he has race team commitments but this is just crazy.

I will keep updating this memo as further information becomes available and I am hoping to have a favorable resolution before I have no further choice in the matter but to seek legal counseling.

If any local members care to assist, it would be greatly appreciated - I grew up near where his shop is in Cali and unfortunately don't have family in the area any longer but I am sure there are some members that have had or are having work done by him who may be able to assist me.

Nick

UPDATE:
Joe emailed me today (July 5th) and apologized for the delays! It looks like it is going to be a couple more weeks before shipping the motor to me At least I know he still is in business!

UPDATE:
July 19th - Joe sent me a photo (posted below) and stated my motor will ship July 20th - This makes me very happy

UPDATE:
July 21st
I emailed Joe today for a tracking number and the motor has not shipped yet! He did respond quickly and stated that he wanted to ship another part to an east coaster such as myself to eliminate extra costs and time - He stated that if the other part for the other customer wasn't done by the end of the day he would ship mine anyway!

UPDATE:
My motor arrived Tuesday August 2nd and now I wait in line for an install!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear this
Old 07-05-2005, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Poindexter,Jul 5 2005, 07:08 AM
Sorry to hear this
Thanks, I really would be ed it he doesn't produce the motor $7000.00 is alot of money and I can't afford another one at this time.
I am running out of options and did I tell you that I miss my damn car? everyday I see her on the jackstands and it really bums me out.
Sometimes I sit in her and listen to the stereo
Old 07-05-2005, 08:07 AM
vvs

I was on the webiste a week or so ago and there was something on there that said engine building on hold until further notice?? Maybe he is just that busy. I hope he gets back to you.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by vvs,Jul 5 2005, 12:07 PM
I was on the webiste a week or so ago and there was something on there that said engine building on hold until further notice?? Maybe he is just that busy. I hope he gets back to you.
I saw that myself on his site when I was about four months into my build, I figure my motor has something to do with it! I think he just bit off more than he can chew, Lord knows I have done that before but, you still have to take care of your paying customers. Everytime he asked for payment I paid right away all the way through my last payment of $2000.00 back on the 8th of June.

NZ
Old 07-05-2005, 10:43 AM

Well if hes close to your location, Go by and see if hes still there. Do you have a contract or other legal documents? if not, and theres a lot of money involved then contact the district attorney in the county hes in, and start a fraud investigation. this is really too bad that theres 24 hours in a day, and they wont take 5 mins to call you back.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by oakfloor,Jul 5 2005, 02:43 PM
Well if hes close to your location, Go by and see if hes still there. Do you have a contract or other legal documents? if not, and theres a lot of money involved then contact the district attorney in the county hes in, and start a fraud investigation. this is really too bad that theres 24 hours in a day, and they wont take 5 mins to call you back.
Unfortunately, He is in Cali and I am in Florida - I couldn't be farther from his shop unless I wanted to get wet
I won't follow through with my Attorney who happens to be my best friend until I have exhausted all avenues - I still have hope, I am just at the end of my rope on this one!
I sent 2 equal payments of $2500.00 through paypal and a cashiers check for $2000.00 so I have documents proving the funds reached him.
NZ
Old 07-05-2005, 02:54 PM

Well with $7k on the line, consider a redeye flight, a cheap motel and a rental car and and have a chat with Joe. what town is he in? maybe a s2k member close to him can drop in and ask why the silent treatment. good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:28 AM

Just FYI, some ITR guys on Honda-tech.com are also having issues with Alaniz currently as well. You guys might want to get together on this, and come up with a plan of action...
http://www.honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=1299052

Andrew
Old 07-06-2005, 09:51 AM

I actually know Joe and another person in the company. I will ask about this situation and see if I can get something kick started for you. I am very sorry to hear about these problems..
You can feel free to contact me (although I have no actual pull), but I do have a direct line to Joe and his partner!

Quick Reply: Anybody seen Joe Alaniz?