S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone gone from EVO to s2k

Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbkonis
Went from an AP1, to an AP2, to a GRB STi, to a G37, now back to an AP1.

AWD turbo sedans will get boring. Unles you need a car to deal with severe weather, stay with the S2000.

Maintenance is also much more. My previous STi took about 5 quarts of tranny fluid...
I love the S, but having it as only a track car made me buy a truck and trailer. Looking to downsize from 3 cars + a trailer to just a single car to do everything with.

Maintenance doesn't bother me. To me, it's a bit zen if you will. For the S the experience split that I love is 40% driving, 30% working on it, and 30% being social at the track.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM

I had an Evo 9 MR a year before I bought my S. I tracked it quite a lot and the potential is very high(it's nice to be confident and have the awd as safety when going fast). The parts on the Evo are thicker(suspension components, etc..) and tougher than the S. I really loved my Evo till things happened and I had to let it go. There is no way the S could've survived the amount of abuse I put the Evo through. Working on it was really easy as everything was there in front of you with room to work with. Compared to the STi, it's cheaper to reach the same amount of hp. If you're looking for all the things you listed, you will be happy with the Evo. As for myself, I would love to have another one. Just be sure to take care of it and it will care of you. There are many with over 100k that are tracked and daily driven.

P.S. I actually have a socalevo decal on the S. lol, I still crash the meets and their events. Can't beat free tri-tip steak and autocross at el toro, that's for sure.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 PM

Both cars are excellent cars! I'm fortunate enough to have both in my garage right now. I have and ap1 and Evo 9. I must say it's a joy and pleasure to have a nice n/a high revving car and a turbo 4 cylinder. The Evo obviously has more power and handles better on track plus more room but the joy of having a nimble 2 seater convertible hasiys perks.

Overall I would say that these two cars for me are two of the best in their own respective ways.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Have a read:
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...-one-bike.aspx