S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone install grill on their front bumper?

Old 05-28-2002, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone install grill on their front bumper?

is there any way to get the exact measurement without taking the whole bumper off? Also who has done this beides gettting it from coastal metal? I would like to see some different ones. Thanks!

LIL Raja
Old 05-28-2002, 07:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There aren't too many different ones out there. Mostly the Coastal Metals ones and the odd homemade one from ages ago. What is your reason for having one? If for looks, then the CM one is just too readily available to overlook. You don't have to measure or remove anything. If it's only to protect the "delicate" stuff behind the grill opening from rocks and debris, then there are other ways.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got it from Ebay. 10 min install.

Old 05-28-2002, 02:26 PM

just stick an intercooler there instead.

chris
Old 05-28-2002, 02:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, forgot - there's GrillCraft, but needs drilling.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:04 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion, nothing beats the looks of a Coastal Metals grill!

Here's a pic of my grill in Stainless. . .I now have them powdercoated black and they are superb looking! Plus, the protection they provide to my radiator is invaluable.

USE Coastal Metals, they are a sponsor of our BOARD!!! Support our SPONSORS!!!
www.hondas2000accessories.com
Old 05-28-2002, 05:56 PM

Yep... I have the GrillTech grille, black powdercoated. Got it from eBay and it works fine, fits great. He gives you some plastic ties to attach it, and they work fine, but I came up with another solution, so I could still use my front license plate. I took off the front plate and it hasn't gone back on yet LOL
Old 05-28-2002, 06:10 PM

I bought the powder coated Grille-Tech grille on Ebay too. Works well enough. I wish it didn't use cable ties, but it comes on and off easy when needed and seems to secure just as well as the Coastal Metals grille. I bought extra cable ties at Home Depot upping the total cost to $45 (a bag of 2000 extra super long black ties which make it easy to install - I use four ties).

I have driven around in 100 degree plus weather for two hours and not hit 4 bars like members who have the Coastal Metals grille. Members here with the CM grille have to take it off in the summer. My informal airflow study shows you get slightly more airflow from the Grille-Tech which keeps the car running cooler.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Lil Raja... I almost thought to only PM this response to you. But thought it might be worthwhile for other members to consider this as well. Although I too share Airgate's views that our sponsors should be supported (so please be willing to read this post to its end), I respect that you seek alternatives. I might suggest you PM Driver out of Lynchburg, VA. He's a member on the boards and has a good business via his own website offering custom grills for many models including our S2K.

However, for the record, I have a Coastal Metals powder coated grill myself and am EXTREMELY happy with it. CM did a "custom" job on my grill purchase from them. As I wanted my license plate installed in the "open mauw" of the S2K, I sent them my front license plate and they ground it down (took away the extraneous VA white borders so as to allow the most airflow possible) and professionally installed the LP to the grill -- then sent the whole thing to me ready to install. There was a little more to the fee for this...but it was a service I was more than willing to pay given their professional effort.

But again, I've run with Driver. Nice guy. I've had him over to my place, to dinner, and he even ran with me to a family wedding just for "something fun to do". If your interested in saving some coin, you might wish to contact him.

At the same time...consider that the [perhaps ultimate] success of the existence of this website and its forums resides in the sponsors that are willing to pay to advertise here in the hopes to sell their products. Coastal Metals does this in spades. When Airgate recently organized the spring '02 OBX Run...site sponsors offered (besides their attendance and enthusiastic participation) some of the following: Gift Certificates from Rick's Custom Accessories, Surprise Giveaway for everyone from Coastal Metals (www.hondas2000accessories.com), Giveaway Pack from Zaino (courtesy of Carolina Shine), Gift Certificates from Coastal Metals, Giveaways from King MotorSports (Mugen), Giveaways from MG Racing, Shift knob Giveaways from Muz S2000 Accessories. These sponsors provided winning prizes during one of our group dinners in the OBX. Perhaps it is worthwhile to consider such sponsorship...such generosity and community support...as you make your purchasing decision.

...just my .02.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:45 PM

Like Airgate, got the CM grill on my silver beast and it looks out of this world.

BTW, never had the temperature gauge going above 3 bars even though it is constantly in the 80s down here and my car is parked outdoors in the office parking area.

Quick Reply: Anyone install grill on their front bumper?