S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Attn: black S2000 owners ...

Old 01-01-2003, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: black S2000 owners ...

Question for owners of black/black ... would you buy black again? If so, why (besides that it looks so )? If not, why not?

Shopping for a new one ... deciding whether to stick with red or get black ... (I also heard black might be slightly faster than red, although I'm not sure how that could be )

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2003, 10:19 AM

Suzuka blue is definetly faster than black
Old 01-01-2003, 10:21 AM

Old 01-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I traded my '00 Berlina Black/Red for an '02 Sebring Silver/Black.

My old baby on the day of trading. . .

The only time I miss her is when I see a freshly washed and waxed black car go by.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would definetly do it all over again. actually, silver was my original choice, but i got a pretty good deal on my black one so i bought it. IMO, black is a color that when taken care of looks the best and compliments the aggresive styling of the car but when negelected looks the worst. so if you're one of those types who thinks the car getting rained on qualifies as a car wash or doesn't wash thier car until there is enough dirt to grow a garden, avoid black cars. I also recommend buying a good quality car cover. I cover mine whenever it's parked for more than 1/2 an hour. (even in the garage)
Old 01-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MMMMMmmmmmm. . .like this. . .

Old 01-01-2003, 11:40 AM

As mentioned, Berlina takes alot of care to keep looking good. I wash mine every time I plan to take it out. Swirling is the easiest to notice on black. Even sitting under a cover, dust finds it's way onto the car. Because it has more of a mirror finish than any other color, every bit of dust, scratch, paw print, etc,. is readily apparent. That said, I also agree that when it is clean it will take your breath away and it attracts attention as much as it does dirt. Would I buy black again? Probably, but I admit to days where I swear next time I'm going Gran Prix White. I was never meant to be this fastidious about a car but I have to be with black. However, it's surprisingly easy to get motivated to wash it knowing that the end result never fails to blow me away.

Plus! With the exception of that freak Suzuka running around here somewhere, black is the only color where the body and soft top match to give it more of a coupe vibe.

And Berlina is definitely the fastest color. But that's only because black S2k owners drive faster to blow the dust off the finish.

Old 01-01-2003, 11:43 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My S is not a black one but I did own one of these once:

Like they say, "Black is beautiful"! But MAN, are they hard to keep looking nice all the time. They are high maintenance. Every little swirl, scratch or dust and dirt speck shows up on it a hundred times more than most other colors. If you are dedicated to your car and are willing to spend the time to fuss over it, then black has immense rewards. I'm a bit older now and having owned a lot of cars, I simply don't wish to spend that kind of effort on a car anymore and hence, I'll most likely never own another black car again.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:56 AM

All my cars have been Black this is my latest Vehicle Ill never change if I did White would be my other choice
Old 01-01-2003, 11:57 AM

Truth be told, a Berlina Black S2000 that has been properly maintained and has the perfect reflective image - well - it doesn't get any better. I submit.

Sorry fellow Blue Crew members; I know our Suzuka, when it's properly maintained will take our breath away, but dang- I gotta respect the amount of work involved to keep Berlina Black at showroom condition. Whew. At least with Suzuka we can finesse the dirt some, but with black it's total exposure.

Props go out to you guys (and gals) who can attain and keep Berlina Black the way it was meant to be.

Quick Reply: Attn: black S2000 owners ...