S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Berlina Black Owners Question – would you buy again?

Old 09-30-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the advice. The black with red seats is so cool! Must hold out for a color that matches my world time-wise.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 1,251 Likes on 947 Posts

For some reason, I end up with a lot of black cars. My garage looks like the abyss.

Black is an awesome looking colour for the S2000. I can't decide whether I like black more or white more. The car looks the best in black...but white is rare and it goes with more wheel colours.

Both of them are classic looking colours.

Obviously, black is difficult to keep nice. And it really REALLY looks bad when its dirty. If you don't plan on washing it often to keep it maintained, your laziness and shame will show on the surface.

BUT...Wesley snipes did say to "always bet on black". And in 2018, ceramic coating is available as paint protection for people who don't wash often.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
For some reason, I end up with a lot of black cars. My garage looks like the abyss.

Black is an awesome looking colour for the S2000. I can't decide whether I like black more or white more. The car looks the best in black...but white is rare and it goes with more wheel colours.

Both of them are classic looking colours.

Obviously, black is difficult to keep nice. And it really REALLY looks bad when its dirty. If you don't plan on washing it often to keep it maintained, your laziness and shame will show on the surface.

BUT...Wesley snipes did say to "always bet on black". And in 2018, ceramic coating is available as paint protection for people who don't wash often.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I swore my BB S2000 would be my last black car for all of 18 years of owning it. It wasn't. If a white one was available at the time, I would choose have chosen white (my first choice). Black looks great when clean.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I first got my BB it was making me crazy trying to make it swirl and defect free with my procedures, rituals and washing techniques. Then wrapped the entire front clip which is most of the car with Xpel self healing film and never worried about it again. You can wash it quick, don't have to worry about damage and it always looks glossy and perfect. Best thing I ever did so yes, I would buy black again because the car looks amazingly classy in black on black!
Old 10-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
Obviously, black is difficult to keep nice. And it really REALLY looks bad when its dirty.

Haha, I just noticed that on my '07 that I bought a few days ago. Got caught in the rain, and the difference from clean to rain/dust spotted is incredible. It now looks like a busted up POS. Can't wait to wash it so it can look like a sportscar again.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are OCD, stay away from Black color. It is a b*tch to maintain. It will look dirty a few hours after it's been washed, even just sitting in the garage, because of all the dusts landed on it. I'm OCD, so if I see dust I take an electric blower to blow them off, but of course that blows up dusts on the floor so MORE dust land on the car.
Every single paint defect also sticks out like a sore thumb. The ridiculously soft Honda paint will scratch if you look at it the wrong way.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:30 AM

Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 231sea
It will look dirty a few hours after it's been washed, even just sitting in the garage, because of all the dusts landed on it. I'm OCD, so if I see dust I take an electric blower to blow them off, but of course that blows up dusts on the floor so MORE dust land on the car.
Use a detailing spray that reduces static cling like the speed wipe one I posted up above. Makes a big difference, esp on a dark colored car. I still prefer a detailing spray with wax over that on my Berlina Black though. Love that jet black wet gloss look when the paint is waxed and perfect.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Berlina Black 4 life :P
Old 10-08-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

That's a big NOPE OP, I sold mine because it looked like it had been blasted with a shotgun.

Quick Reply: Berlina Black Owners Question – would you buy again?