S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Best stress relief ever...not selling s2000

Old 04-09-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best stress relief ever...not selling s2000

Just recently decided not to sell one of my S2000s and it has relieved a mountain of stress!! Instead, I decided to build another garage space. Oddly, I am not stressed out at all about the addition and it is worth the extra money. Anyone else noticed how much better they felt when they decided to KEEP their car rather than sell it and send it off into the unknown?
Old 04-09-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,486 Posts

Originally Posted by OHSilverS2k
Just recently decided not to sell one of my S2000s and it has relieved a mountain of stress!! Instead, I decided to build another garage space. Oddly, I am not stressed out at all about the addition and it is worth the extra money. Anyone else noticed how much better they felt when they decided to KEEP their car rather than sell it and send it off into the unknown?
I haven't considered selling mine up to this point in time, but I have always said that my S2000 is good therapy for me.

It's cheaper than seeing a psychiatrist. I don't know if you are married and/or have children, but having an S2000 gives you an nice distraction when either of them manage to drive you nuts, lol. Whenever my son and wife got into an argument I would go into the garage and close the noise behind me lol, I'd pick up a wrench and tinker on something to keep me pre-occupied , so nice to have.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:21 PM

I had a stress relief moment like OP when trying to get a downpayment for first house.

Car was in the garage for the winter and it crossed everyone's minds. Was able to buy without selling. Just recently took the car for a drive and SO said I was so much more calm after driving it.

Who wouldnt be stressed from driving a Auto Civic all winter?
Old 04-09-2016, 03:03 PM

Received 1,587 Likes on 939 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Just recently decided not to sell one of my S2000s and it has relieved a mountain of stress!! Instead, I decided to build another garage space.
Should increase the value of your property.

I haven't considered selling mine up to this point in time, but I have always said that it is a stress reliever for me.
I don't know if you are married and/or have children, but having an S2000 gives you an nice distraction when either of them manage to drive you nuts, lol. Whenever my son and wife got into an argument I would go into the garage and close the noise behind me lol, I'd pick up a wrench and tinker on something to keep me pre-occupied , so nice to have.
That is why I change the oil every 3K miles.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:26 PM

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,486 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Originally Posted by zeroptzero' timestamp='1460239579' post='23933318

Just recently decided not to sell one of my S2000s and it has relieved a mountain of stress!! Instead, I decided to build another garage space.
Should increase the value of your property.

I haven't considered selling mine up to this point in time, but I have always said that it is a stress reliever for me.
I don't know if you are married and/or have children, but having an S2000 gives you an nice distraction when either of them manage to drive you nuts, lol. Whenever my son and wife got into an argument I would go into the garage and close the noise behind me lol, I'd pick up a wrench and tinker on something to keep me pre-occupied , so nice to have.
That is why I change the oil every 3K miles.

LMAO, for sure, that sounds like perfect timing !
Old 04-09-2016, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I'm hoping my S2000 can go back to being for me. I used to enjoy it so much, just being able to drive it to/from work was something small to look forward to every day.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

OP...How many S2000's do you have? years/color?
Levi
Old 04-09-2016, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP, I'm with you..I have a silverstone AP1, and now a silverstone AP2 I've owned since last fall.
Over the fall-mid winter, the AP1 sat and didn't get driven 1,000 miles. Since late winter-spring, now the AP2 is sitting and I've been driving the AP1 since. I think if I can get both mechanically 95+ % sound (I'm easily annoyed by unwanted noises, but I'm not just referring to something expected like AP1 clutch buzz), I'll have so much less stress. Just not sure if it's worth taking one or both to a shop to get the work done, or learning how to do all the work myself, possibly with a friend's help along the way if I'm lucky. The list of things I could do to make my AP1 (and now AP2) more mechanically sound would be enough for an episode of wheeler dealers. Though in the end they both would be pretty much perfect of course as when new (just to my liking ).
Old 04-10-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Wonder why you'd get stressed about selling something?
Old 04-10-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Abysm
I had a stress relief moment like OP when trying to get a downpayment for first house.

Car was in the garage for the winter and it crossed everyone's minds. Was able to buy without selling. Just recently took the car for a drive and SO said I was so much more calm after driving it.

Who wouldnt be stressed from driving a Auto Civic all winter?
I am glad you kept it and got the house too! I always forget how much I Love the thing until I drive it.

Quick Reply: Best stress relief ever...not selling s2000