S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Class action suit against Honda
Yes?
15.57%
No?
84.43%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Class action suit against Honda

Old 10-11-2001, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Mikey, my rear window is fine and it's been down for about the last 8 or 9 months (of course I put it up at night). Find another car anywhere that offers everything that the S does anywhere near the price. We should be thanking Honda for offering this car at such a reasonable price.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I was going to reply with a comment but it would just piss you off even more so I'll just be quiet.
Old 10-11-2001, 11:57 AM
Tox

Originally posted by ND 4 SPD
...you go and buy a $34,000 car, they put a junky plastic window in it, then not 1 year later they start putting a glass window in.

Either we all want NEW windows or swap them out at a limited $ amount for the new glass one...
Let me get this straight. First, you bought the car. Then later, Honda put a junky plastic window in it. Finally, since this was a total surprise to you, you're pissed.

You're joking, right?

Now, if you were to suggest suing because the car has no back seat, I might get behind that. I'm really pissed that I can't take more people in my car.
Old 10-11-2001, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is one of the most preposterous ideas I have ever heard here...not only is this a bad idea, but it also has no merit. You bought the car knowing full well that it had/has a plastic rear window...

Take care of the window that you have...or better yet, put the top down and avoid the "problem" altogether.

Also, not that this makes any difference really, but the Boxster has a plastic rear window. Just an FYI....
Old 10-11-2001, 12:01 PM

There be drugs in them thar peaches.....

Geezus, class action if a lot of people die from something..not because it might happen maybe if something comes through it.

Not to mention glass isn't going to stop anything either.

Just leave your wallet in it, drive to the hood and leave the top up.

Geebus save me.
Old 10-11-2001, 12:05 PM
STL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B]I think this is one of the most preposterous ideas I have ever heard here...not only is this a bad idea, but it also has no merit.
Old 10-11-2001, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by johnyboy32
Just because we bought the car knowing it had a plastic window, does not mean we could predict that the top design would fold and scratch in such a way that you can't see through it after less than a year.
This is a fairly true statement. I agree that a suit would be a waste of time and money. But this struck home because the first time I lowered my top the rear window folded in the center in an arrow head shape which I did not know anything about untill I put the top up. My window is as clear as the day I got the car but the crease will never be gone. I did start using a piece of foam pipe insulation wrap from that time on but to late for the crease.
Old 10-11-2001, 12:11 PM

Well those of us that have more miles on our stook's or use them as daily drivers or don't have the luxury of having a garage to park it in. I have used the Plexus and cared for my S2K and I even use Zaino on the paint, so to say that if you "take better care" of it this will not happen is crap. 43K on it and the plastic window is ok, not great but just "ok". Yes I do take care of it and yes I did know that there was a plastic window when I purchased it.

Nobody knew that Hondas R&D team of engineer's lacked quality control checks, to see if the rear plastic window would have creases when it folds or scratches when folded. As far as the suit having any merit, most likely the suit will not. It may however raise enough eyebrows at Honda to see if they can arrive at a viable solution to replace it with the 2K2 model
Old 10-11-2001, 12:14 PM

I can use a glass window, for just $100 more (MSRP for 2002). At least it's much easier to clean...
Old 10-11-2001, 12:16 PM
STL

Originally posted by enzyme
How about buying the car at a premium price and find out a year later that it WILL NOT be discontinued but under "Limited" Production.
It is a limited production car so to speak -- but Honda NEVER said they were only going to make it for only a year or two. Anyone with a lick of sense knew that Honda would make this car for at least 4-5 years. Maybe some salesmen told you a lie, but I've learned to never trust a car salesmen so I educate myself before buying a car. Back to the limited production thing, the plant in which they are made is a "limited" production type plant in that it cannot turn out high numbers of these cars (relatively speaking). Honda sold over 400,000 Accords and over 300,000 Civic last model year...all the while selling less 9,500 S2000s. So you should see less than 1 S2000 for every 70 Civic & Accords on the road.

Want to talk about a "Limited Edition" joke....look at those PT Cruisers. Everyone I see has a badge on the back that says "Limited Edition" -- yet Chrylser is pumping out 100,000+ of these things every year! LOL...

Quick Reply: Class action suit against Honda