S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Compliments Galore...

Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The headlights are one of my favorite parts about the car. The lights accopanied with an ap2 front bumper male for such a mean look upfront
Old 09-15-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned my S for about 2 years and only got 1 compliment, I see people stare a lot though.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM

Only a few people actually complimented my car, more people ask "what kind of car is that?". I assume they're asking because they like it. They always look surprised when I say Honda...like they were expecting me to say Porsche or something high-end.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i guess i am very much in the minority. i think the new z4 and new boxster are high quality lookin cars. they are fluid and complex with lines that flow seemlessly between body panels. the s2k looks like it is put together piece by piece. esp the nasty oem brakes.

but sorry for taking this off topic.

yea, i am surprised by the amount of compliments the car gets.

i once was forced to valet it and 5 of the valets came over to ask me questions about the mods etc.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went through the local chick-fil-a drive through the other day and the kid at the window says "holy shit man your not gonna eat in that car are you". I wasn't of course, but it made me laugh. Young and old men alike seem to really love the car. Especially the z3 guys. I guess they realize they bought the wrong car. S2k ftw
Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 PM

AP2 headlights FTW...Sorry but I can't believe thats actually a part of the design you DON'T like...Different strokes I guess...I love them...

Cheers
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll pile on about the lights - I rather like them. Frankly, I adore the design of the body - there's beauty in simplicity. I can't find an angle from which my nucleus accumbens isn't firing like an F2xC in full VTEC! Apparently, I'm not alone as I see heads turn every time I drive it (and I know damn well they aren't looking at me ). The car gets its share of compliments, and it really does deserve them.

To DNDN_S2000: Enjoy
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The only thing that I really don't like about my S is the exterior door handles! I just wish that through the years they would have modernized them somewhat. By the way, I wouldn't mind owning a G37 Sport. I seriously considered buying one at one time and would love to have one in addition to my S. It's a great looking car in a very subtle, understated way.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy
not to sound like a dick, but i think the many people who give me compliments like the way the car looks more than i do. i love the car, but i think honda did a crap job on styling. esp the headlight shape.
I know others have already made a similar comment, but, quite frankly the headlights are one of my favorite parts. I love every angle of the car. It's "simple" but there's nothing I would change. I do think the new Z4s are pretty hot, but, I'd pick an S over it any day.

I mean look at that!

I'll like it even more once I get an OEM lip and hardtop

Now, my CRX received a number of compliments, even from young pretty girls that I wouldn't expect to give it a second glance, especially considering the faded paint and "old car look." However, my S2000 has definitely received more compliments and looks per day in the 4 days I've owned it. Driving home today an AP1 driver coming the opposite direction gave me a thumbs up, and of course I sent one back his way. I admit that I inconspicuously watch people as I cruise or stop just to see their reaction.

The second day I had it, driving down the road, I drove by a kid on a bike going the other direction. I looked in the rear view to see him swerve into the middle of the road and about fall over trying to turn his head and see it. Couldn't help but smile and laugh
Old 09-15-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by cilocar
The only thing that I really don't like about my S is the exterior door handles! I just wish that through the years they would have modernized them somewhat. By the way, I wouldn't mind owning a G37 Sport. I seriously considered buying one at one time and would love to have one in addition to my S. It's a great looking car in a very subtle, understated way.

Don't get me wrong...Loved my G37...A very complete car IMO...The one big difference is the handling compared to that of the S...No contest there....

I had a rather mean sounding setup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xarbCF50dLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXaFzOP8Vds

Quick Reply: Compliments Galore...