S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Compliments Galore...

Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that the body was designed in the 90's is pretty classic, aside from the AP2 refresh. The front headlights still look as good as anything out today, IMHO. The only thing that I think looks odd is the proportion of the top at the C pillar area.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Clemsons2k
Originally Posted by dyhppy' timestamp='1316107949' post='20975935
not to sound like a dick, but i think the many people who give me compliments like the way the car looks more than i do. i love the car, but i think honda did a crap job on styling. esp the headlight shape.
You are probably one of the only ones. IMO this is one of the sexiest roadsters ever built.

My older brother swears my S2000 is the best looking roadster. The new Boxsters look real good, but there is something missing. Maybe comparisons today are harder to draw, given its vintage, but compared to the previous Z4, the Z3, the MX-5, the first gen Boxster, the S slays them.

For the S2000, the shape across the rear quater panels and boot has a great shape. Most others are just flat.
Maybe the headlights could be sharper at the corners.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:52 AM

Plus you cannot argue, the rear view of an AP1, Berlina Black is pretty damn good.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it amazing how a car whose body style has remained relatively unchanged over the past 12 years still manages to "wow" people these days. Just goes to show that Honda got this one right.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Atb117
I find it amazing how a car whose body style has remained relatively unchanged over the past 12 years still manages to "wow" people these days. Just goes to show that Honda got this one right.
Not only that but the rarity of the car also helps. If you think its good now - imagine how it was ten, eleven years ago!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's funny cuz i think the g37 sport coupe is one of the best looking cars out there along with the CTS-V. i see the S2k and i think it has rounded edges, no strong shape and from far away even i mistake it for a miata. it looks to me that there really wasnt a visual designer behind this car. ugh, i wish i could agree with you guys. again, still LOVE driving the car.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:26 AM

Now I will agree that the newest gen Z4 is pretty darn sexy, but its not quite as aggressive looking as the S2k. The CTS-V is one of my favorite modern cars as well, but its not a roadster and it has WAY too much junk in its trunk

Something about this car just screams sensuality. The fact that it was designed almost 12 years ago yet still looks modern is a testament to its good looks.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:19 PM

The extent to which it is still really unknown is what surprises me. When I bought mine, I had 2 or 3 coworkers say 'Wow, I didn't know Honda made a car like that'.

Me: 'Well technically, they don't anymore...'

But seriously, if you like how it looks enough to make that comment, then how have you never noticed it before now? I mean they are somewhat rare, but you have to be living under a rock to have never noticed an S2K before 2011, especially if you find it appealing.

They were neither the first nor last folks to say that to me, though. Apparently some people just don't know what they're missing.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:42 PM

I frequently get compliments at the Drive thru windows and Gas Stations. Then I get compliments at the local tire shop, mechanic shop, my shared garage space and shopping malls. But then again, my car is Formula Red. Still, I laugh to myself given every other southern Californian parking lot looks like a German car dealership, people yell out props to me. Best one ever was when I took my car to a local tire shop to get a flat fixed and the mechanic did it for free! When I asked for the bill, he said, "Anything for an S2000, your car is awesome! This one is on the house".
Old 09-17-2011, 07:21 AM

I live in Metro Detroit....so tons of people stare and gawk but very few say anything when they see that it's a Honda People that know me at work give me tons of compliments, but there's a pretty big anti-'foreign' car sentiment here. It doesn't help that I live out in the country with a bunch of retired UAW workers as my neighbors and we have 3 Hondas in the driveway

I see more C6 Z06's and ZR1's than I do S2000's.

Quick Reply: Compliments Galore...