S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Comptech Sc Upgrade

Old 11-06-2001, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comptech Sc Upgrade

Hey guys before u think of getting a Vortech SC, think twice Comptech has gave word that they are finishing the SC upgrade. The Upgrade will include a intercooler and a boost upgrade. It should be out next year by the spring time if not sooner.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:46 PM
Ozy

I can confirm that. I was just at SEMA talking to Shad and they are starting very soon on the project. It includes alot of new neat stuff that is going to be exciting. I'm going to hold onto my Comptech SC for a tad longer and see what magic Shad pulls out of his hat.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:52 PM

Talked to Shad, too. It`s on the way.

Also, Trevor at Vortech is a good friend of mine. I`ll take a spin in their car very soon and let you know what I think.

Ryan
Old 11-06-2001, 02:18 PM

Ryan,

What happened to the tuning that one of your friends was doing to your car???
Old 11-06-2001, 03:27 PM

While Shad 'is' the S2000 Comptech SC designer/tuner... every time I ask Mike B (Comptech's General Manager) he says ANY boost upgrades are mere rumor and not remotely fact...
Old 11-06-2001, 03:31 PM

Any reliability problems with the current Comptech SC? Also, will it void the Honda warranty?

I would love to stick one on, but I really love the reliability of the engine and don't want to "F" with that if I don't have to

Thanks
Old 11-06-2001, 07:08 PM

hopefully they can get us close to 400 on the upgrade
Old 11-07-2001, 10:12 PM

"As for difficulties: my MAP sensor check/blow-off valve always sticks the first 3-4 times you drive over 4500rpm when the car is cold. Very annoying. I have gone between the check-valve and the "electronic Ghostbooster" sever times with the electronic solution MUCH more reliable. I also have a major 5000rpm resonance vibration from the plastic/CF airfilter box. I tried to isolate the bok from the body with rubber sheeting and rubber grommets on the hardware but it still makes noise. I also am on my second alternator bracket because the first one cracked. The second bracket has started to crack as well... "

That is what Shaner has told me about the difficulties of his Comptec SC on his car.. What do you guys think about it ?
Old 11-07-2001, 11:50 PM

ONE WORD- Installation. Theres no doubt in my mine this was the problem. Also that was the same problem with the hesitation people where having some of the hoses where install wrong. With this SC is easy install but u got to watch out, take your time and do it right. The chances of doing a perfect install is slim. If my mechanic didnt have expirience puting this SC (he did it a couple of times) i be expiriencing some problems too.
Old 11-08-2001, 12:02 AM

I'm torn at this point. If the Vortech Supercharger puts out numbers better than Comptech's (low end torque and its competitively priced) then I'll go with Vortech's.

But...

If Comptech is coming out with an upgrade then maybe I should wait and see how things turn out.

I just don't want to end up regretting anything.

Jaykkub

Quick Reply: Comptech Sc Upgrade