S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Crashed My S2000 Today~! Who's at Fault???

Old 12-22-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People stop wrecking your S!

drive safe this holiday season.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's the scoop so far...

i've been talking to Tire Rack to try to work something out. So far they told me to take pics of the tires and email it to them. they said they'd like to see the damage so they can try to determine if the damage was caused during mounting or dismounting. this is both of the rear tires (w/ torn beads) and both of the front tires (have clamp or crow bar markings, not torn, but there's definitely some sort of damage that i believe would cause air to leak). as for the damaged rim that was involved in the accident, they said they wouldn't replace that. i guess because that would be officially claiming responsibility for the accident.

so i have two battles going on here:
1. w/ my insurance company to try to get the point off my record, so my insurance rates don't go crazy. i think it'll be tough to reverse their 100% my fault decision, although i do have new evidence w/ the torn bead on the left rear tire that was the cause of my tire going flat, and ultimately of my accident.

2. w/ tire rack to try to get all of these tires replaced, since either tire rack (mounting) or america's tire co (dismounting) must have torn those beads and damaged my tires. the manager at america's tire co said he'd write me a statement saying that the tires were already damaged. it also makes sense to me that america's tire co, couldn't have done it since both of the rear tires went flat before i even took them there...then the torn beads were found.

i filed a case w/ the better business bureau to hopefully settle something w/ tire rack, since going through customer service doesn't seem to be helping much. i asked for either a refund or replacement of the 4 tires and the rear rim that was involved in the accident. this process may take a while. i will get pics of the tires up by wednesday, so everyone can see what a "torn bead" looks like. i have 2 of them, so those should be sufficient examples.

i've been really stressed over all of this. i was finally content w/ the way my car was looking, just to have it all ripped away like this. my ideal outcome at this point would be for tire rack to replace the tires and the one rim. so my car will be back to it's original state before the accident. i think i've already accepted the fact of having a point on my record and paying tthe $500 deductible.