S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Dealership Sold Me A Lemon!

Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I would do both, send the certified letter to establish a paper trail and then go the dealer. Just remember who you are dealing with here. I have found car dealers to be a pretty tough, difficult group. I would be prepared for them to continue to give you the run around in person and who knows what else. Just don't forget who you are dealing with here. They most likely will not doing anything for you unless they absolutely have to.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by OC1515,Jan 6 2005, 12:44 PM
I think I would do both, send the certified letter to establish a paper trail and then go the dealer. Just remember who you are dealing with here. I have found car dealers to be a pretty tough, difficult group. I would be prepared for them to continue to give you the run around in person and who knows what else. Just don't forget who you are dealing with here. They most likely will not doing anything for you unless they absolutely have to.
PM'd you.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04,Jan 6 2005, 12:03 PM
From the sounds of things in TX, I would never buy a used car there .. 4 lawyers the specialize in Lemon Laws and a BofA department that specializes in Lemon Laws. What gives down there?
Here's the reason. Texas Lemon Law requires that a vehicle be titled as a Lemon, thus protecting the used vehicle consumer. Some states don't...that may be why Michigan doesn't have Used Lemon Lawyers.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Hoth,Jan 6 2005, 07:04 AM
I am surprise they have the guts to delay remedies for Josh. I think Josh is doing all the right steps now. Let's hope the dealer realizes how serious this matter is and comes to its senses.
Heh. I wonder if anyone at the dealership has had the guts to tell the general manager yet about how they messed up. He may not even know about what's going on yet.

I agree Josh seems to be handling this in a sensible way.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by iamjosh,Jan 6 2005, 07:23 AM
1. Ask the dealership to let me keep the S2000 for a certain amount of time until I find a new car.
2. Ask the dealership to give me a rental car from their lot for free until I find a new car.
3. Just go to a rental company and pay the fee to rent from them?
Absolutely rent from a rental company. You don't want to owe them any favors.

Enterprise or some similar rental company that specializes in renting to people whose cars are in the shop will be much more reasonable than Hertz or Avis.

Let us know how it turns out!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by iamjosh,Jan 6 2005, 03:39 PM
I asked why the owner and GM have not returned my phone calls and he said the GM is always in meetings and the owner is only there a few days a week and never checks his voicemail.
Can you say dragging their a$$e$.
Sounds like stall tactics to me. A GM that's always in a meeting, and an owner that doesn't check his voice mail, how do they run the dealership, thru osmosis

The GM or Owner both have no time to resolve this matter, that billboard idea you had is starting to sound good.
You only have one word for them ..... LEMON, you don't care how it got into the system or at this point why there was a buyback. Tell them to read your lips nicely ... LEMON, and they sold it to you with out informing you of that.

As said above, start a paper trail and set a reasonable time limit for them to give you an answer or you will need to pursue other means of getting this resolved, and don't tell them what you have in mind, maybe then the GM or Owner can give you 30 minutes. How long have you been trying to set up an appointment?

I just have to say it again... LEMON, LEMON, LEMON.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Skimad57,Jan 6 2005, 02:07 PM
How long have you been trying to set up an appointment?
I found out about all of this on Monday. Went up there Monday after work and have made 15-20 phone calls to the dealership since then.

Josh
Old 01-06-2005, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they will not take the car back tonight or in the following day, contact a lawyer. Let the dealership know that to. Also assure them that if you do contact a lawyer that you will get your money back plus compensation for your time and trouble. Not to mention the negative publicity that is going to leak out to the press.

Oh yeah and rental car fees. You could be driving in a death trap and not know it.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:38 PM

Hey Josh

You might want to check with Bank of America. If they had a problem with the title they probably didn't release the funds to the dealership. That could be why they suddenly got in a hurry to finish the paperwork! If they haven't, let them know the problems and that your considering returning the car. You might be able to stop making payments until the problem is resolved. Only if they haven't released the funds yet.

Greg
Old 01-06-2005, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hes right they are probably on a funding delay and thats what caught their attention in the first place. Call the bank and let them know your intention of turning the vehicle back in.

Quick Reply: Dealership Sold Me A Lemon!