S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

From Detroit to Amsterdam - Completed!

Old 12-22-2001, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have fun with the S2K out there. Which side of the street do they drive on in the Netherlands. I was in Amsterdam 2 years ago, but I don't remember if you drive on the left or right.
Old 12-22-2001, 04:16 AM

Hey, we drive of course on the right side instead of the wrong side
Old 12-22-2001, 05:06 AM

Tell me, Siepel, will you have to replace the rear bumper with the Euro-spec design, in order to have a license plate cove wide enough to accommodate the wider Dutch plate?
Old 12-22-2001, 07:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Squeezer
[B]How did you get the car street legal in amsterdam?
Old 12-22-2001, 07:02 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tcampbel1965
[B]What's the deal with the rear fog light?
Old 12-24-2001, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys!

Thanks for al the replies!

A rear foglamp is mandatory, but I missed this little detail (despite the 'questioning' by Ronald!!) and had to add it.

It turns out that the European bumper is exactly the same as the US version, but in the factory, they cut out a large portion of the bumper and slide in the bigger 'tub' in which fits the EU size plate. Additionally, they mount the foglamp naturally as standard, but if you look closely to the inside bottom edge of the US bumper, you can see the outline where the foglamp piece has to be cut out!!

The import of my car was made easy, because I took it with me as 'moving goods'. Emissions, noise and such only have to comply to where the car comes from. They accept the window sticker as an acceptable and genuine 'certificate'. Also the sticker in the doorwell which says that Honda certifies that the car complies with FMVSS and EPA requirements is enough for 'moving goods'. (Yes: I am lucky!!!)

Regarding the plate: Since the really, really big plate simply does not fit, I have got an exemption for the special small size plates (NICE!)

Saturday, I received the papers with my new registration plate numbers. Sometime after Christmas or otherwise early next year I will order the small plates with my assigned number and post the result!

BTW, I can confirm that Spa Yellow is in fact exactly the same as the EU Indy Yellow!!! I checked this at the body shop of my friend; the specifications and color are the same!

[Dutch mode on]Ronald, dat moeten we beslist doen!! Lijkt me geweldig![/Dutch mode on]

Everybody: Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Best regards,

Siepel

PS
Ice: When do you get your S2000? I have no idea how many there are around here in The Netherlands. Every day when I drive to work (not with my S2000 just yet) I 'meet' a silver one coming out of Zoetermeer, but besides Ronald's car that's about it!
Old 12-24-2001, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MarkS2K
Have fun with the S2K out there. Which side of the street do they drive on in the Netherlands. I was in Amsterdam 2 years ago, but I don't remember if you drive on the left or right.
Most Americans that visit Amsterdam don't really remember anything; our coffee shops can get to you for sure j/k

Siepel
Old 12-24-2001, 01:41 PM

Do you notice any difference between the USA wheels and the local european wheels, like a polished/brushed surface difference?
Old 12-24-2001, 02:03 PM

Very nice install on the rear foglight! Personally, I think that it's something that every car sold in North America should have as standard, and can truly be a life saver!
Old 12-24-2001, 02:12 PM

I also think the fog lamp would be pretty cool to have...if nothing else, to once again distinguish the S2000 from other cars, as the HIDs do. I'm surprised nobody has done this mod to their car yet.
A local S2K'er added some reflective tape to his bumper here

Quick Reply: From Detroit to Amsterdam - Completed!