S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

DO NOT BUY FROM TECH2MOTORSPORTS-READ

Old 04-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Apr 24 2006, 04:30 AM
Can you Einsteins not see with your 0 business knowledge that this is NOT a restocking fee? Do you know what a restocking fee is?

Restocking fee IS THE REPACKAGING OF AN ITEM THAT HAS BEEN ALTERED FROM ITS RETAIL STATE. (rewrapping electronic items in vacuum film, sealed boxes, stereos with missing wires that need to be replaced, etc.)

YOU CANNOT RESTOCK A RADIATOR. It is a PIECE OF METAL IN A BOX, SOMETIMES IN A PLASTIC BAG,. There is NOTHING TO RESTOCK. Putting it back on the shelf IS NOT RESTOCKING.
This is where you are wrong.

Everything else is and I'm for the thread starter, so don
Old 04-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=Jasonoff,Apr 24 2006, 08:42 AM] This is where you are wrong.

Everything else is and I'm for the thread starter, so don
Old 04-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Banned

We're talking about 2 different things then.

A distributor (tech 2) and a retailer. My understanding is tech 2 distributes parts. They're not a franchise retail store.

Not the same dynamics so your argument doesn't apply here.

Anyhow either or tech 2 is in the wrong.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Jasonoff,Apr 24 2006, 02:13 PM
We're talking about 2 different things then.

A distributor (tech 2) and a retailer. My understanding is tech 2 distributes parts. They're not a franchise retail store.

Not the same dynamics so your argument doesn't apply here.

Anyhow either or tech 2 is in the wrong.
Now I see why we are not on the same page.

99% of the time (there are RARE exceptions) distibutors DO NOT sell to the general public. You have to be a business to purchase from them. A retailer (they might sell at less than retail prices, but still a retailer) sells to the general public. Today, distributor is a very loose word. If you get your merchandise directly from the manufacturer, you are in essence "a distributor" of their products. In your case and point, you are talking about a retailer (a store or shop....doesnt need to be a franchise like best buy) and a distributor....a place where a shop or store gets their merchandise. Once the store gets the goods from the distributor (purchased at wholesale)...the distributor has nothing to do with what happens there after.

Either way, TECH2 is wrong, and should be burned at the stake.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is tech2motorsports related to techmotorsports.com?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Apr 24 2006, 11:04 AM
...As a retailer, having an item returned IN ORIGINAL RETAIL CONDITION, does not net you a loss. Thus, you do not charge the customer. You have nothing to charge for. A radiator is not an item that can be altered when the package is opened. Ive bought many SPEARCO products in my day, and all it is, is a metal part, with a plastic bag over it, inside a box. There is nothing a customer can do to it to make it not sell-worthy if they opened it ...
So you're saying if someone bought a radiator, installed it, didn't like it and wanted to return, you would be ok with the retailer re-selling it to someone else as-new at full price?

Maybe I'm missing something big here, but the radiator didn't come back in original retail condition at all, which seems to be the cause of this whole fiasco.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

As pointed out, restocking fees are supposed to be when retailer returns a product to a wholesaler in saleable condition but requiring repacking or similar.

I guess if a retailer offers a "Changed my mind" refund they could also state that they charge a restocking fee but if I read correctly it is irrelevant in this case.

If the goods arrived damaged that is Tech2's responsibility. I guess you could argue that there is an onus on Black to check the goods before signing, but how many couriers do you know that are patient enough to wait while you unpack.

If they were damaged in transit by Tech2's courier then Tech2 should replace in a reasonable time (ie, straight away) or refund full amount. If Tech2 have an issue getting insurance back from their courier that really should be their issue and Black shouldn't even have to hear about it. At the end of the day it is on Tech2 to pack goods and use a courier that can get the goods delivered in one piece.

My 2c (I think I'm up to about a $1.50 now)
Old 04-25-2006, 05:22 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck with your refund, Ryan.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:48 PM

seriously anybody here would agree that if you get damaged goods you would either A. Want another one in perfect condition or B. Get a full refund, not just partial. Its not like the thread starter used his shipping company to ship the item Tech2 did so I think they should just own up to their mistake....my 2 cents....
Old 04-25-2006, 05:50 PM

also how come tech2 haven't responded to this thread yet, must really sucks to have your reputation tarnished over a couple of bucks....

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY FROM TECH2MOTORSPORTS-READ