S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

European Headlight Housing ? + $$$ Offer

Old 03-06-2001, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got the opportunity to change my US-spec Headlamp housings with the clear-corner European spec ones (lots of snow --> no work --> work in garage!). Anyway, the main aiming adjuster screw is fixed and non-removable on the US ones. The European-spec housings not only have no screw but have a three-notched hole where a "more elaborate" aiming device goes. Here's a picture:

I assume this is for the European-required "self-leveling" aiming device. While I understand that self-leveling is not for bumps but for when you load up your trunk with packages and would trow off your HID aim.

Question: Did anyone else who changed their light housings have this problem? I am imaginative and handy enough to fabricate a screw with inside hole/outside hole stoppers to keep the setting from moving when the vehicle hits bumps...

BUT, my offer:

Any European owners: I will pay you AT LEAST 3x the cost of the two parts (one for right and one for left) that fit into the highlighted hole and 3x the FedEX shipping + $100.00 EXTRA for your troubles. If your visit to your local Honda dealer confirms that there is a part that goes there and you are willing to help, I will prepay with PayPal...

Reasonable? If not, what will it cost me to be reasonable?

Either send me PMSGS or e-mail at edelman@crd.ge.com

Thank you!
Old 03-06-2001, 08:12 PM

I had the same problem. Makes you mad don't it. My body shop guy stuffed it with elmers glue and sticky tape and it done the job. Works great now except when the light come on they aim every direction?

Just kidding, my body shop guy made some adjustments to the housing and they were fine. Not sure what he did though. Hope it wasn't glue and tape?? P)
Old 03-06-2001, 09:19 PM
SaV

That was the exact gripe I had when I purchased a set of the housings. I actually had two sets of housings to try and put them on. But unfortunately I don't have the bondo know how to fabricate something. Thanks again to Giampierro for letting me return them for my HKS exhaust. Best deal I ever had. By the way, I cleared out the housings on my American-spec lights (9 hours worth of beer and glue induced headaches) and they look 10 times better than the housings with the clear diffuser. Well, I think it's because I didn't spend a grand on them. Oh well, good luck on your fabrication.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by S2SaV
That was the exact gripe I had when I purchased a set of the housings. I actually had two sets of housings to try and put them on. But unfortunately I don't have the bondo know how to fabricate something. Thanks again to Giampierro for letting me return them for my HKS exhaust. Best deal I ever had. By the way, I cleared out the housings on my American-spec lights (9 hours worth of beer and glue induced headaches) and they look 10 times better than the housings with the clear diffuser. Well, I think it's because I didn't spend a grand on them. Oh well, good luck on your fabrication.
Dude, I still think you are nuts for the 9hours, but...they do look sweet!