S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

From EVO to S2K to EVO and back to S2K?!?!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:36 PM
.MM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From EVO to S2K to EVO and back to S2K?!?!

i could write a 3 page story of my life, but you wont read it all, so here is the short of sweet version...

had a Type R - Sold it to get a new evo 9 mr because people were trying to steal my ITR.
Sold the evo 9 mr after it got hit by drunk driver. Owned it a year. Heavily modded it.
Bought an 01 S2000. Loved it and modded it as well.
Sold s2k to get current car, an Evo 9 mr special edition.

i sold the s2k, for a stupid immature reason. I was sick of all my friends bragging about how fast they were in a straight line basically. Also sold S2K because i live in New Hampshire and i didnt want to drive it in snow or get a second car. I was being a bitch. So bought an evo again and swore id keep it forever and make it a time attack car. Now im not so sure...

I love my evo, dont get me wrong, it is 340whp, it handles the balls, it has limitless potential and is practical and good year round car and doesnt have traction issues. Also, very easy to drive it fast.

BUT!!!!

i miss the s2k. I miss how rediculously sexy they look. I miss the raw sporty feel, i miss the vtec and high revs, i miss the insane race car like handling that you get after you install coilovers. I miss the top down, wind in your hair, beauty that is the s2k. I miss being challenged and scared when pushing the car to the limit.

i dont know what to do.

I feel deep down, the s2k is more "me" than the evo, but i love them both. All my friends talk shit about honda and vtec all the time and it pisses me off, because i think honda is amazing.

being that i just bought the evo new 4 months ago and put 3k in mods, and sold my s2k that had 4k in mods to get it...it seems rather retarded to get another s2k and start over...

but i cant stop thinking/dreaming about owning the s2000. its bad.

if i get another s2k, i will winter drive it or get a beater.

AM I NUTS TO SELL my new evo AGAIN to get an s2000?

i dont know what to do, im losing my damn mind.

lets discuss because i cant make a damn decision.

ive been having dreams about a red or yellow s2k, dropped on volks with J's wide fenders.

flame suit on

my evo. She is 340whp/328wtq. Perfect shape. Only 8k miles

By azcheron, shot with W810i at 2008-01-27

Old 01-27-2008, 11:20 PM

man you must have a lot of money..... i guess it depends on what you want, boost or revs... and who cares about what other people think. get what you want. in the end you being happy is all that matters..... o yea an ap1 ftw! if you get another s2k =)
Old 01-27-2008, 11:23 PM

keep the evo...
Old 01-27-2008, 11:26 PM

S2k ftw - especially Yellow

Heres mine .. just put on my LE37's ... my Espelir springs will be here in a few days

Old 01-27-2008, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the OP obviously cares what other people think.

the power of peer pressure.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:43 PM

The best advice I can give you is to find a car and a driving style that best fits your personality.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple:

Buy S2000

Turbocharge it

Best of both worlds

End of story

Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM

^Agree.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:53 AM

Thats easy, lets trade
Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 AM

You know what you should do if other people's opinion on what fast or slow is matters to you? Ask them why the hell they had to mod up their Evo /Sti when it is already so much faster than the slow S2K. I don't think there is a StiEvo running stock boost, so obviously the base car is a waste of time.

Also ask them (or yourself), that given all the 4wd traction, electronic gizmos to keep the car on the road, why they are not any faster out the box than an S in a corner - which only has (poor thing) two driven wheels.

Few FI S2ks around means most get more satisfaction from the car the way the creators made it than owners of StiEvos do. The StiEvos are proof that you can never have enough hp - you always want (need?) more. So may as well get a slow car that is hard to mod for power but fun and scary like hell to drive, rare, and the "fast" crowd overlooks because it is too slow, keeping the car fairly "exclusive".

That so many people knock Honda is amusing. Is it like a chip on their shoulder. Honda's products tend to be a cut above in quality and finish than the likes of MMC, Subaru, Nissan and even Toyota IMO. There was a time when performance meant Honda (Civic usually), and I guess it is that period and all the boasting ricers that went along with it that has made people come to slag Hondas so much now. Too bad for them, they are missing out on some good products. Honda cars are definitely not the "cars to beat" in the import ricers world anymore, so why do people still enjoy beating up on them so much???

Buy the S - drive the curvy narrow, less used path It's more fun.

Quick Reply: From EVO to S2K to EVO and back to S2K?!?!