S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

evo vs. s2000

Old 10-22-2005, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo vs. s2000

hi i'm from So.Cal

evo vs. s2000

evo has room for 5 ppl, faster, almost same handling ability (talking about 05+ models), safer to drive because of AWD, weather-friendly (AWD)

s2000 has convertible .. 2 seater a lil slower than evo, looks great

those are the obvious "things" that came off the top of my head about these cars..
my personal choice would be a s2k just because it looks BEAUTIFUL and i drove one b4 @ a dealership. with a press of that red button and the solid feel when it turns corners is just amazing. one more thing that i like about s2k is because its a honda(reliability). i have also driven the evo.. turbo's awesome.. grips like shXXt through corners and can take a family to the track.

whats your reason for the s2k?

i need your opinions please!
Old 10-22-2005, 10:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2K looks 500 times better than the Evo at the LEAST. 500 is minimal too.

Reliability:
Honda > Mitsu.

Honestly, the S is fast enough for street driving. It actually 'too fast' for normal driving conditions. The car is solid, quick, great looking, timeless, great handling, honda reliability. As far as "safety" goes, it's a sports car. If the weather is nasty, slow down.

The Evo is a fast AWD civic-looking 4 door with reliability. Modding is easier, I will say that though.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the EVO. If you doubt, you don't deserve a s2000.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:16 PM

I thought about an evo but it's based on a cheapie car just like the STi. cause of that I didn't go for it. In socal it's rain that's the problem but you have to just know the limits of your car. If it's your only car you may want the EVO then.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:22 PM

can you guys give me a more reasonable reply than what yellows2kpower did
thanks to the other two guys that posted though.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

what do you want the car for? do you need to haul five people around?

the evo looks like a little rice burner. the s2000 has class.

what do you think the ladies would rather be driven around in?

Also i remeber reading in ca and driver or one of those types, the evo had like 100 per month maintenance average over the year that they tested it. i'm sure they had some big problem and averaged it out, but it still shocked me.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Oct 23 2005, 01:12 AM
Get the EVO. If you doubt, you don't deserve a s2000.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:31 PM

My friend has a EVO, its faster than my S, boost is way crazier than VTEC, he takes corners faster than I ever dare to because of AWD grip, and since its not a soft top, its just more civilized for around the town and freeway driving.

I got the S because:
1) I wanted a drop top
2) I wanted a S2000 ever since they came out
3) I wanted a 240hp 2.0L that revs to 9k
4) I think white and red is just too damn hawt.
5) I think white and red with oem lip, cleared out signals, and Volk GT-Us in 17'' is super clean.

Plus, ask any girl... I'll put money down they would much rather ride in a S than an EVO. The girls I've talked to said the EVO was ''Its Fing Ugly'' The S is a sexy car and it no matter what your age is, you look good driving it. You ever see an old guy drive a STi or EVO and think WTF? Borrowing the sons car?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:31 PM

These cars shouldn't even be considered in the same breadth. The S2000 is a gem of a sports car while the Evolution is a hooked up Lancer. The S2000 is the thoroughbred while the Evolution is a tacky economy car on steroids. Any car manufacturer can take their cheapest econo-cars such as Corollas, Sentras, Civics, Lancers and make them into something like an EVO, while the S2000 is a lot more unique. The whole basis of the Lancer is "cheap crap". Look at the blue print... it's a Lancer/Mirage and will always be a Lancer no matter how big the spoiler is or how powerful the turbo is. The S2000 is designed specifically to be a masterful, outstanding machine. Sure, the Evolution is a great performer, however it is jus not very aesthetically pleasing and will ALWAYS be based on the cheapest Mitsubishi offering. How can anyone be passionate about a factory- modded Mitsu lancer?

And Honda is known to make a superior product than Mitsubishi. Whether its Car and Driver "10 Best" awards or JD Power & Associates "Best Premium Sports Car" award, the S2000 has always been an impressive automobile.

The S2000 is so much purer, so much more attractive, so much more fun to drive that it's simply not a good comparison. If you absolutely need four seats, get the Infiniti G35 Coupe or Mazdan RX8.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:56 AM

Come on dude, the Evo looks like someone took a low-end Lancer and sunk 15k into it.

Albeit its a bit faster off the line, but your talking about a sexy, refined roadster VS a franken-Lancer

Quick Reply: evo vs. s2000