S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Factory Alarm Help!?

Old 11-10-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Alarm Help!?

I cannot figure out this alarm system! I'm pretty sure it's the Honda Factory Option (I have the keyless entry with the "option" button).

the only thing on the car that is obvious that there's an alarm are:
1. red LED mounted on the console near the parking brake lever.
2. Small black button under the dash (not sure what this does?)

Today I had the car in for annual safety inspection and had the key off the keyless entry pad. Well I had the keyless entry pad in the car and took the key alone with me....I did NOT lock the car. 5 minutes or so later the alarm armed itself and I heard one beep from the horn! I went out and sure enough the car had LOCKED ITSELF! I used my key to unlock it and of course the alarm went off as soon as I did that! I had to find my key less entry pad(that was in the car) and turn off the alarm with that!

Another thing I have noticed before: Once when I was disarming the alarm my trunk unlatched! Is this part of the features with this alarm?

Why does the alarm go off when you use the correct KEY to open the door when it's locked?

I can't figure this thing out guys, please help!
Old 11-10-2006, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is just like any other alarm; it has to be disarmed. If the alarm is armed and you open the door of course the alarm is going to go off.

The LED is the alarm LED. When it is blinking the alarm is armed.

By default if you leave your car for 2 or 3 minutes the alarm will arm.

The button underneath the dash is your valet button. Push this when you need to service the car or give it to someone and not worry about the keys getting locked in the car.

Lastly, the OPTION button is to pop the trunk. Simply hold this for 2 sec and the trunk pops. Kind of a nice feature. It has saved my butt a couple times.