S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 10-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I was staying at a rented vacation house this weekend with a few other s2k friends/couples (who were not driving S2ks that weekend) and when we checked out and I was leaving and backing out of the driveway a guy walking his dog pointed and gave me a huge grin and thumbs up.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Background info: I'm looking to buy an S as my first car sometime in Jan (this is when ill have enough money saved) so I'm literally like obsessed with the S right now.

So on to the story. A teacher at my school owns a Berlina Black AP1 and after seeing it every morning i built up the courage to go and talk to him after school. Kinda creepy but idc. So I asked him if it was his and he said yeah and that he has owned it for 5 years and then i went on to tell him that i was looking for one. He went on to tell me to respect it and to not worry about reliability because the car is practically indestructible. It was a pretty chill conversation and he was really nice. I cant wait to be a part of this special group of people admiring and loving such a beautiful piece of art.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jairor864
Background info: I'm looking to buy an S as my first car sometime in Jan (this is when ill have enough money saved) so I'm literally like obsessed with the S right now.

So on to the story. A teacher at my school owns a Berlina Black AP1 and after seeing it every morning i built up the courage to go and talk to him after school. Kinda creepy but idc. So I asked him if it was his and he said yeah and that he has owned it for 5 years and then i went on to tell him that i was looking for one. He went on to tell me to respect it and to not worry about reliability because the car is practically indestructible. It was a pretty chill conversation and he was really nice. I cant wait to be a part of this special group of people admiring and loving such a beautiful piece of art.
That's not creepy at all man, I usually ask someone about their car or compliment it if i like it. Car people generally like this if you're not annoying lol.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Originally Posted by jairor864' timestamp='1412706204' post='23360122

That's not creepy at all man, I usually ask someone about their car or compliment it if i like it. Car people generally like this if you're not annoying lol.
Yeah lol i try to get as much out if the conversation without taking too much of his time i hope he didnt find me annoying
Ik this isnt the right thread but do you have any tips for a new owner and new driver about the car?
Old 10-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/102...replace-first/

This is a really good thread for all that. As for being a new driver take it easy if you're not used to RWD. These cars (especially AP1s) are pretty tail happy and you shouldn't let that get the best of you.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/102...replace-first/

This is a really good thread for all that. As for being a new driver take it easy if you're not used to RWD. These cars (especially AP1s) are pretty tail happy and you shouldn't let that get the best of you.
Alright bro thanks
Old 10-08-2014, 04:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jairor864

You had to build up courage to go talk to a teacher at your school? You know we're people too, right?!?!

I understand. Most of my students are surprised to find out what I drive, that I autocross, and am a musician (put myself through college playing in bars).

I'm friends with some of my former teachers, and it interesting just how different they actually are compared to what I thought they were like when I was a student.

There's nothing creepy about talking to an s2k owner; we love to talk about our cars!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jdrum1
Originally Posted by jairor864' timestamp='1412706204' post='23360122

You had to build up courage to go talk to a teacher at your school? You know we're people too, right?!?!

I understand. Most of my students are surprised to find out what I drive, that I autocross, and am a musician (put myself through college playing in bars).

I'm friends with some of my former teachers, and it interesting just how different they actually are compared to what I thought they were like when I was a student.

There's nothing creepy about talking to an s2k owner; we love to talk about our cars!
It wasnt that i was scared i just didnt know who the owner was before and i had to wait my his car for like 5 minutes but i understand what you mean
Old 10-08-2014, 09:12 PM

I had an awkward moment while looking to buy an s2k. I never saw one up close before then and wanted to make sure I'd fit before driving a 2 hour round trip to a dealership. I saw a black one outside a club in the employee parking, so I was checking it out. There was a security guard there, but I just ignored him, I wasn't harming the car or anything. I put my keys in my pocket and kept my hands away the entire time so I didn't scratch if and walked around maybe twice. Satisfied of the looks, I took a glance inside and got an almost instant "what do you think you're doing!" I explained my situation and chatted for a minute, and all was good. It wasn't his car, but he spoke highly of it, as well gave a description of the employer who owned it. I went inside and had a nice discussion with the owner which solidified my thoughts that a s2k was the car for me. I probably looked like a burglar, but it all worked out.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:07 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

as i get in to my car, and older gentleman says, "s2000, its like a humming bird on redbull"