S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

God I hate IDIOTS that high beam!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2003, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the HIDs on our cars aren't auto-leveling, that does cause problems in hilly or bumpy areas.

But the majority of the people who high beam me (oncomming traffic) just notice how bright the lights are. They aren't shinning in their face or anything, so they're not in danger of going blind, but they think they are, so they flash their high beams because of the perception my brights are on, not that it's in their eyes.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03_AP1
Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 AM

I still want to get a set of these to mount inside the grill. It would be a one way ticket to the eye doctor for those high beeming punks.

http://www.avtek2.com/New%20Ge%20H.I.R.htm
Old 12-19-2003, 08:47 AM

Intrepid,

Thanks for the response. I know the s2000 isn't the only car with HID, and I've driven quite a few of them.

Of those I have driven, most had a self-levelling system (audi, BMW) and had no where near the aggressive cutoff that the s2000 has.

One of the posts said it best, I think he's getting flashed because people think he has his high beams on accidently, NOT because he's blinding them.

I don't think its an aiming issue, i think its just other drivers trying to be helpfull.
Assuming he isn't lowered, or carrying a dead body in the trunk, it would take one hell of a bump to send the beam pattern into the eyes of an on-comming driver. The only time I could see these headlights blinding people in stock form would be driving at the apex of a hill, where the beam would be pointed at a higher angle than normal.

CHeers
Simon
Old 12-19-2003, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

happens a couple times a month... sometimes never.. sometimes it can happen like 4 times a day =P... i just highbeam back to show that the HIDS arent the high beams
Old 12-19-2003, 12:37 PM

The aim on my lights is set just fine, yet I had a moron in a Ford Bronco the other day literally ride on my ass with HIS high beams on because he thought I was doing the same to him. There really is nothing you can do.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:15 PM

The HIDs on my S2K have driven people to intense road rage at times. Sometimes it's just downright dangerous! One time, I was driving along the highway minding my own business, when all of a sudden the guy driving ahead of me pulls to the next lane, slows down till he's behind me, then pulls about 5 inches behind me and starts flashing his lights at me over and over.

Then another time, some guy literally tried to run me off the road because he thought I was high beaming him! Fricken' nuts!

And I swear, there are many times where people ahead of me on the highway will purposely slow down when I'm behind them just to be an ass, because they think I'm high beaming them.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Axel6
The aim on my lights is set just fine, yet I had a moron in a Ford Bronco the other day literally ride on my ass with HIS high beams on because he thought I was doing the same to him.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:50 PM

if people high beam me.. i just high beam em back...
Old 12-19-2003, 04:36 PM

NJ rocks! Anyway, I just give them a flash back. I have never had someone get behind me and start flashing their high beams, only on coming traffic. It would be scary if someone got behind me and was tailgating, that would be a 911 call.

I took my girlfriend for a drive the other night and she asked if those were HIDs, I said yeah, then she proceded to say she hates those lights.

Quick Reply: God I hate IDIOTS that high beam!!!!!!!!!