S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Headlights problem

Old 06-26-2006, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kidxsai,Jun 26 2006, 08:07 PM
realy? My car does not beep like that. The Acura that i have is like the lights are automatically off in few seconds when I turn off the engine, remove the keys, and lock the doors, But my S does not. I have to turn the lights off manually
Did someone tell you that you don't need to turn the lights off? I don't have any owners manuals or shop manuals, or even a brochure for the 06. I did look at the interior "comfort and convienence" spec section of the 06 S2000 on Honda's website and didn't see anything. When I say "a warning tone" it really just sounds beeps like the key is still in the ignition. I just noticed this recently because it took me minute to figure out my lights were still on (daytime). I just thought the ignition was sticking and thinking the key was still in there. That has still never happened to me, but I have read the thread in the "Tell Honda" section and thought it was the first occurence. Is 06 the first USDM year with DRL's? I know Canada has had them all along right?
Old 06-26-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't know about the '06, but no other S2000s have "auto-off" headlights. I mean, come on, we've have a pretty raw, hard edged, sports car. If you wanted to drive a barcalounger, maybe a Benz would have been more up your alley.
You can add a headlight on "reminder" buzzer for 5 bucks if you really can't remember to turn your lights off.

All Canadian cars have had DRLs for many years. If the '06 US model has DRLs, why do you need to turn on the headlights in the day anyway? At night, you mean to tell me that you can't see those bright HID's on as you walk away from your car?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:49 AM

my question is, Why would you automatically assume "new cars" turn off their headlights on their own when you turn the car off??
Old 06-27-2006, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by GranPrix,Jun 27 2006, 06:49 AM
my question is, Why would you automatically assume "new cars" turn off their headlights on their own when you turn the car off??
Note his username:
KIDxsai
I'm guessing youthful inexperience. If it's on one car, it must be on ALL cars.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is my ONstar for my S i have looked all over and can not find the button.

It must have ONstar my other car does.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a 06.. and we do not have auto headlights.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by F355FTS,Jun 27 2006, 08:05 AM
Where is my ONstar for my S i have looked all over and can not find the button.

It must have ONstar my other car does.
it's in the hidden secret compartment, and i've heard you get 12-16 horses to the wheels everytime you use it
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 AM

Get ready for the "I have an exhaust problem" question. There's water dripping out my tips.

I have an intake problem. There's this whistle at xxxx rpm. Do I have a leak?

There is this hum coming from the front of the car after I start it but it goes away in a couple minutes. What can it be?

There is this sort of hissing noise that is rhythmic everytime I drive beside a tall wall or a line of parked cars. What's going on?

My car pulls to one side when I give it gas and the other side when I let off. WTF?

When I shut the engine off and walk away from the car, I hear this ticking sound coming from under the car. What's wrong?

When I move off with my steering cranked full to one side, there is this whirring sound coming from the back of the car. Is something broken?

For more colorful questions and answers, please refer to this:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=269436
Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM

kidxsai, I think you bought the wrong car, I don't think the S2000 is the right car for you. I looked at the threads you started and they all show how unhappy you are with this car.

I am disappointed !

2005 to 2006 - what kind of money loss?

So if there is nothing about this S2000 that you like, why not just get rid of it and end all your misery? Unfortunately the S2000 is a MANUAL car, lots of things has to be done my HAND, it also does not ride very smoothly, nor does it have a lot of torque. You do have to wash and wax it once in a while, and change the oil at the appropriate intervals. In other words, the S2000 needs a lot of attention that you are not ready to give, and it has quirks that you cannot accept. I think you should get a car that is more suitable to you.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:35 AM
dmz

After driving luxury brand cars for the last 8 years, I also had to adjust to the manual headlight switch on the S as well. I killed my battery like 5 times the first 2 week I owend the car after forgetting to turn off the headlights. I still forget to do it from time to time. I now carry a jumper cable in my trunk permanantly

Quick Reply: Headlights problem